Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 ZX-6r that refuse to start. Got the battery tested and is in perfect working order, checked/changes all fuses, tighted terminals but still nothing. bike turns on lights work blinker.high/low, 4 ways but when i hit the start button i get a few clicks then nothing if i retry i dont even get the clicking sound. any advise ?
*UPDATE* lost high and low beams but still have middle day runner light...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive had the same issue lately. Sometimes if I mess with the clutch and the starter switch a few times it will start, but I ended up having to push start it twice yesterday

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cant remember voltage off hand, i do know it passed the battery test in the shop even the overload test..

*UPDATE* lost my high and low beams but have my middle runner... starting to get annoyed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
could be your cranking amps mate they cant test for them voltage could be fine and reading high but still wont start had the same issue with mine

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like battery to me. Try jumping it or borrowing a friends battery or something

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok are you sure the engine is not in hydrolic lock when the starter is pressed . This happened to me a few years ago and one of the floats were leaking fuel into the engine and when the starter was pressed the engine would not move or turn over leading me to think the battery was dead .
The fuse for the head lights is on the right side of the bike under the tail piece just above the rear footrest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts