Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new here and saw on a site that the euro spec computer will work in the us zx6r and that it works differrently and will give me more horsepower. is this true and has anyone tried it. the place i saw it at said that he dynoed 118 hp to the wheel with a stage 1 jet kit and a exhaust. that sounds better then the stock 94 to the wheel. someone please let me know if you have any info on this. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont think that would do anything, seeing as to get more power from an 01, you have to change the jets in the carbs, since its not fuel injected. the euro computer may change something for later fuel injected models, but not carbed ones.

the power gains claimed on that site, arent from the computer being changed, its because the carbs were rejetted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
computer

my carbs are re jetted already. i thought that the computer from overseas would be different because of our good old california emissions making ours so strict. i dunno.

·
Registered
23 Posts
the cali emissions crap is mostly in your intake, and exhaust, plus fuel delivery, which you'vc already taken care of. I think the exhaust on cali models has a cat converter(standard junk) and the fuel delivery is set up leaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts