Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good website for frame sliders for the 2000-02 ZX6R...any cheap locations would be most helpful...

·
Registered
77 Posts
beware of cheapies - they pretty much are all fairing mount and won't save a thing. instead, they will rip a hole in your plastic where it was mounted. RG racing make a kit that mounts to the engine, and comes with a new coolant resevoir to let the slider through. It's really friggen expensive ($160), but even that is cheaper than one fairing repair kit...right? Otherwise, I saw a guy that made hs own kit w/ PVC pipe to seal the stock resevoir. Here's the URL:
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28309
Best of Luck! Whatever you do - post pics, because my buddy w/ a 2006 zzr600 needs sliders too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm.... interesting

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got Vortek sliders from kneedraggers.com

If laid down hard the bolt will snap. I think if I were to buy them again I would try and get the RG.

Its sort of a double edge sword. If you get the cutless then you run the risk of having them snap the fairing where they bolt (but can be fixed with plastex and new bolt). If you get the Rg you run the risk of bending the bolt and maybe even stripping the engine mount.

I read where a kid had both on during a crash. The cutless snapped and the RG bent and stripped the threads where you mount the slider.

The way I see it if you crash at high speeds I think the last thing I'm worried about is the fairings. They basically are good for low speed slides and tip overs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts