Source for aftermarket gaskets and other parts ? - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Source for aftermarket gaskets and other parts ?

One thing leads to another. While prepping my panels for paint, I let my 9R sit for 2-3 weeks without running it. I lit the beast up and let it warm while I was putting my seats back on. When I glanced at the gauges, the temp was close to pegged. I killed the engine, then naturally the fan cycled on. It ran until the fan switch cycled it off. After some cool down time I lit the engine again, and sure as sh*t, the head gasket was popped.
Is there any parts source, namely aftermarket, that offers any gaskets or parts besides Kaw dealers and the OEM resellers like Ron Ayers ? I'm a very long time pro automotive tech, and in the car/truck world for any given engine there's probably 6 different manufacturers for a head gasket alone.
Engine has to drop to do the head gasket, but I've got a slightly ratchety 2nd gear too, so maybe 2 birds with the same hammer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Found an answer to my question. DeWitt Power Sports. I ordered a complete engine gasket set that's only a few dollars more than OEM Kawi head gasket and oil pan gasket alone.
This site offers a tremendous amount of various parts and cover a lot of years/models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page