zx9 vs gsxr 750 vs cbr 1000 vs R1 - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

I Ride: 2010 zx10r

zx9 vs gsxr 750 vs cbr 1000 vs R1

So the story begins with the good ol street challengs you all no how it goes first one to blah blah blah eats sh*t. Well I do not often fall prey to this type of thing but tonight I was all for it. So there were quite a few of us this evening a few gixxers 750/1000s some cbr 1000s and the damn r1.

Now before we continue let me tell you about my bike. I ride a 2002 zx9 f model,my mods are a factory pro jet kit a leo vince full exhaust completely tuned at the stealership for the season, riding on pilot power 2ct.

So here I am thinking tonight I will be eating sh*t these guys are gonna smoke me considering they are all on 06 and up bikes, you know the hype fuel injection power commander custom maps the whole bs stories you here in the street race scene.

Ok now all you tried and true zx9rs remember this is the first zx9 I have owned, it is a 02 and here where are in 2011, now lets get into the meat and potatoes of this starting to be long story.

It's on: we hit the highway and I punched it pushing each gear to somewhere around 10 rpms got her up in fifth everything is flying by at light speed and every single bike that was running that night was far behind kinda like they where on 600's or something I mean one bike was in my rear view , unfortunately gaining fast still got one gear to go but he's gaining ok shift to sixth pin the throttle and go. Now i have a whole new respect for the zx9 she is truly a beast and in my opinion one of the most under rated bikes going. Now we are approaching the eat sh*t exit and this r1 passes me by try as I might I just cant catch him so the ole zx9 gets a second place finish for the night.

Conclusion: we all know riding ability plays a part in all riding scenarios but at the end of the day everybody that night has a new respect for the zx9 and I have earned my nickname flubyu from all my friends on the set. For the $3000 price of this bike and the performance it has it's hard for me to consider buying anything else I love my zx9.

Last edited by flubyu; 04-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 AM

I Ride: zx9r E1(blew up), zx9r F1

thats a wicked story!! love that gold!!! nice bike

Sir heavy haulin', boot draggin', Nine grindin' post whore of ZXF

Controlling a Machine of Pure Violence
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM

I Ride: 00 ZX-9r Lime Green 02 ZX-9r Lime Green, California E1 & F1 models, respectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyLew View Post
thats a wicked story!! love that gold!!! nice bike
Freeway in 6th, pinned? Be safe! Really, I mean it. You've got a pretty bike that's obviously in pristine condition with many good years ahead of it and so too you.

Cool story nonetheless! And couldn't agree more with your conclusion. But then, the reasons why are listed under my profile.

Alright! Trading bikes for a while was fun.I'm ready for mine back. No, seriously, get off my bike. Ahh, what a privilege it is to have such a sweet ride.
At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. She's the only big-bore canyon carving hypermiler I know of. -- Picture gallery, K&N air filter, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG touring shield, & otherwise stock.
Science & OODA literate. ACA covered.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

thanks e1 for the safety tips but just a quick heads up I have been riding for over 20yrs always wear my gear and very rarely do those kinds of speed (but testerone took over)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 AM

I Ride: 1998 Zx9r

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_ZX-9r View Post
Freeway in 6th, pinned? Be safe! Really, I mean it. You've got a pretty bike that's obviously in pristine condition with many good years ahead of it and so too you.

Cool story nonetheless! And couldn't agree more with your conclusion. But then, the reasons why are listed under my profile.

i live in az and i have hit the limiter in 6th plenty of times, but only when my gearing was -1,+4, never ended 6th with just the -1 up front. these bikes to run well but the rider plays a good part. i ran my buddies 06 cbr 1000, had a slip on and lowered. we did 1st and 2nd gear pulls on the free way though 6th gear. he would put about 10/12 bike lengths on me, he was surprised i did that well esp since i had the bike only a week. we never got a dead stop run but he ran consistent 10.4/5s and i was running 10.9s almost stock. these bikes do run well, i hope mine starts this weekend, after my rebuild.

2009 Zx10r- -1 Front Sprocket, Jardine Gp Slip On

1998 Zx9r, Full Muzzy Exhaust, K&N, ,+4 Sprockets, Barnett Clutch, 2000 Bottem End and Trans, Zx10 Rear Shock, Ignition Advancer, and Cosmetics
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 AM

I Ride: 2006 ZZR600

Yeah the older bikes still hold their own quite well. My old school equipped ZZR600 is no bike to sneeze at either (well I've replaced the entire suspension and added 3 teeth to the rear sprocket, but still a carb'd 599 cc). If you put any turns into the equasion, it's pretty much over unless the other guys are of equal skill, liter bike or not. So yes, rider skill is the biggest factor by far.

I'm happy to hear people talk about how much they actually love their machine and plan on keeping it for the long haul. I've had my ZZR since new in September 2005 and I just passed 33,200 miles yesterday morning. She still runs like a scalded dog, gets up to 45 mpg, and has had ZERO major mechanical issues (worst thing--dead battery).
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 AM

I Ride: Gen 2 ZX10R

Nice one!
Roll on start? from which gear?

2006 ZX-10R

Let it do damage like they said it would if given chance - Chevelle, "Mexican Sun"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 AM

I Ride: ZX9R

Nice story! thanks for sharing. i grin every time i hear about how fast these are.

1998 ZX9R
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 11:15 AM

I Ride: ZX9r

i know what you mean i love the proformance and since im a new rider less than a year i try to take it easy but even for my skill level i can run with most and they know im there
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

tilikum98 if i read that correctly you said a 6 is putting 10-12 bike lengths on you if I read that correctly then something must not be quite right with the way your bike is running or the way you may be riding it (not disrespecting you at all) but there are no 600 out here that can keep up with me let alone pass me by any margin when I'm getting on her. Just letting you know so you can have her checked out because she should pull away from a 6 no problems.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 PM

I Ride: 00 ZX-9r Lime Green 02 ZX-9r Lime Green, California E1 & F1 models, respectively

[2006] cbr 1000

Alright! Trading bikes for a while was fun.I'm ready for mine back. No, seriously, get off my bike. Ahh, what a privilege it is to have such a sweet ride.
At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. She's the only big-bore canyon carving hypermiler I know of. -- Picture gallery, K&N air filter, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG touring shield, & otherwise stock.
Science & OODA literate. ACA covered.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Great story good looking bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page