The "wave" when passing a fellow rider - Page 3 - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R!

There have been times that I have had to resist the urge to roll my wave over and flip them off. Two wheels is two wheels. I don't care what name is on the tank.

Kevin
'09 ZX-6R
'91 Toyota MR2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 PM

I Ride: 'o5 Widowmaker

When I'm in a line of traffic a quarter mile long that's moving at half the speed limit because the car in front can't or won't pass the fucking moped that's leading the pack and I'm late for work, I'm sorry, two wheels isn't two wheels. If it doesn't require registration to operate, it doesn't belong on a public road. Period. It doesn't get my wave, my respect, or anything but my extreme irritation at it's very existence. I don't care if they face the same dangers as us or not. So do squirrels, and I don't respect them in the road either. They're a nuisance. Fuck 'em.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
post #43 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 07:16 PM

I Ride: 9

damn jb, you guys must have a scooter infestation up there! i see maybe one a week here so they don't bother

◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄▒The ׆v effect▒►►►►►►►►

" Sir Gun Totin, Chicken strippin, Tatoo Bitch Chasin Post Whore of ZXF "
post #44 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBearSVT View Post
<SNIP> I'm sorry, two wheels isn't two wheels. If it doesn't require registration to operate, it doesn't belong on a public road. <SNIP>
Point well taken. I should have made myself more clear. With regard to that class of vehicle that is commonly known as motorcycles, two wheels is two wheels, with the occasional trike making it three wheels.

Better?

Kevin
'09 ZX-6R
'91 Toyota MR2
post #45 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Most likely to get banned

I Ride: lookin for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
Point well taken. I should have made myself more clear. With regard to that class of vehicle that is commonly known as motorcycles, two wheels is two wheels, with the occasional trike making it three wheels.

Better?
if its less than 250cc its not a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Squidge View Post
I blame Squidge too.

That guy is a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 185EZ View Post
Big Russ is right
Sir Heavy Duty, Modern Day Warrior Whore of ZXF
post #46 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM

I Ride: AN AMAZING MACHINE

ha yall crack me up the only danger scooters share is the hard to be seen part thats it they are slow as shit building in the intestines i dont see a scooter doing 150 or anywhere close to that its funny seeing fat people on scooters i saw one guy that had to get off and push it up a hill then get back on so funny i wanted to pull over and point and laugh

Sir Lane Splittin, Lesbo Lickin, SUPER EXTREME Post SLUT of ZXF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrzxter View Post
Hold on, I'll start a thread on it and come back with what I find out...........
post #47 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM

I Ride: 2005 ZX-6R

i have only been riding for 3 weeks now and i already hate harley riders ... stuck up mofos
post #48 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 PM

i hate scooters more than harleys

Quote:
Hold on, I'll start a thread on it and come back with what I find out...........
post #49 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Most likely to get banned

I Ride: lookin for a new one

i cant hate harleys because i was raised around them... they are good looking bikes when built properly... but im blindly quoting here "an excess of noise with no horsepower gains"

but i thought i had escaped the 3 wheeled scooters and vespa's by moving 250 miles north of san diego... nope me and a guy on a cbr600 were cruisin down this 4 lane road and one of the 3 wheeled scooters went past goin the opposite direction... the guy on the cbr was lookin to see what i did... didnt wave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Squidge View Post
I blame Squidge too.

That guy is a dick.
Quote:
Big Russ is right
Sir Heavy Duty, Modern Day Warrior Whore of ZXF
post #50 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:49 PM

I dont hate harleys (the bikes) i hate the majority of the stuck up fuckers that ride them they make some nice bikes overly priced but hell who cares if you can afford it and like that go for it i have no problem with anyones personal opinion in expressing themselves but the majority of harley riders thinks the world owes them something

Quote:
post #51 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 PM

I Ride: 2008 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZX6 View Post
I initiate a wave when it's safe to. Nothin wrong with sayin hey to a fellow biker. I dont usually get one back from your stereotypical, "gruffy" harley rider though. If he wants to be an ass about it, doesn't bug me any. Im still faster, more physically fit, and younger than he is. Probably just envy on his part.
same here!...and last nite i was outside @ the bank ATM and hear some scraping in the street...sound of bike down...L00k over guy pops up and picks up his SCOOTER and a HARLEY guy stops by him and helps him out...i roll by in my truck c if everything is koo (curtious thing 2 do) and c harley guy given scooter guy towels for his scrapes
post #52 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Nice guy thats why i said most of the harley riders. how the hell do you wreck on a scooter by yourself in a street i wrecked a scooter once on mx track lol

Quote:
post #53 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 AM

I Ride: 'o5 Widowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post

Better?
Much better. I was actually responding to several people, you just happened to be the last one up. I should have made myself more clear with a multiple quote reply, but alas, I was just too effing lazy last night.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
post #54 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:54 AM

I Ride: 1998 ZX9R & 2007 ZX10R

Garage
Quote:
Much better. I was actually responding to several people, you just happened to be the last one up. I should have made myself more clear with a multiple quote reply, but alas, I was just too effing lazy last night.
yeah i just nod.. but i have been past by a scooter ..... for about a min ... then i thought [email protected]%k that and blitzed him at 240km/hr its just sumtin about being da boss

Sir Throttle Twistin, Roo racin, Outbackin Post Whore of ZXF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseld13
I can't believe pastacio nuts are legal. Phuckers are highly addictive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrzxter
Soooooooo, until someone comes up with a better solution,......... crop dusting with birth control
post #55 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 05:29 AM

I Ride: 2007 ZX6R

I wave to anyone driving something other than a 4 wheel cage. Cruiser, sportbike, scooter. As long as there's an engine (so no bicycles, roller skates,etc...) I noticed the same thing about Harley riders not responding. I think it's because the Harley's are soooo loud they can't hear me wave :). Between that and figuring out how they're gonna get home when the bike breaks, they have no time for a wave! Everyone else seems to wave back.
post #56 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Almost everyone on two wheels around here waves. I actually get more waves from Harley riders than scooterista and riders of metric cruisers who are either scared to take a hand of the bars or in their own little fantasy world. Illinois is right up there with California, Florida and New York in motorcycle registration numbers, so most riders have been riding for a long time and most have ridden a lot of different types and brands. Most Harley riders learned the ropes on dirtbikes or Japanese streetbikes and most are not too falsely proud to admit it.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #57 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:12 AM

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR, 2000 ZX9r sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtenzzive View Post
hell i wave at mopeds, makes their day, even though i am laughing my balls off under my lid. Seriously discriminating on mopeds is the same as harleys not waving at sport bikes. don't lower yourself to their level. hhahah
I have waved at scooters too, but I find it really hard to do without at least smiling, if not laughing out loud. They usually do a double take when I wave. Apparantly most of them are not used to being waved at.

Sir Flower Child, Welcome Wagon Howdy Whore of ZXF

Quote:
I much prefer being on 2 wheels, more maneuverable and quicker than the pack so I can snake through the stupid. --Shifty1
Quote:
So EZ, a caveman can do it.
post #58 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:16 AM

I Ride: 1997 zx-6r

Quote:
When I'm in a line of traffic a quarter mile long that's moving at half the speed limit because the car in front can't or won't pass the fucking moped that's leading the pack and I'm late for work, I'm sorry, two wheels isn't two wheels. If it doesn't require registration to operate, it doesn't belong on a public road. Period. It doesn't get my wave, my respect, or anything but my extreme irritation at it's very existence. I don't care if they face the same dangers as us or not. So do squirrels, and I don't respect them in the road either. They're a nuisance. Fuck 'em.
Dude calm down.... chill and relax.. if you are in such a hurry "pass them" the same can be said about any car, truck rv or whatever is in the road slowing traffic. Either its the rider or the vehicle might not be working properly.. The real problem is courtesy in america!! Not everyone can afford a sportbike , cruiser or whatever, but they still love to ride... something we LOVED as kids.. Yeah so what you ride a bike that can do 200mph thats not safe either. Live and let live you sound like a harley rider in sportbike clothing.. No different "stuck up poser" To guys like you that think you are better than someone because you have an "item" a little more valuable. I say "Possesions dont make you cool"
post #59 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydeed View Post
I have waved at scooters too, but I find it really hard to do without at least smiling, if not laughing out loud. They usually do a double take when I wave. Apparantly most of them are not used to being waved at.

I probably would wave at some scooters just for a chuckle but there are too many of them around here. I have been in Charlotte for a month and I still can't believe how many of them are on the roads.
I actually got passed by a Honda Rukus the other morning. I was just cruising along at the posted limit to go get a cup of coffee one morning and a Rukus zipped by me in the other lane. I just laughed to myself and maintained my speed.

"He who kicks a dog, kicks his own soul towards hell"

-Will Judy
post #60 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR, 2000 ZX9r sold

Portland is always on the top ten lists for greenest cities. A lot of the reason is because of how bicycle friendly it is. Nearly all the city streets have bike lanes, the busses have bike racks on the front and there are all kinds of bike events all summer. So anyway the scooters are realtively easy to watch out for compared to all the pedal bikes on the road. I spend a fair amount of time on my pedal bike myself so I am OK with all that.

Sir Flower Child, Welcome Wagon Howdy Whore of ZXF

Quote:
I much prefer being on 2 wheels, more maneuverable and quicker than the pack so I can snake through the stupid. --Shifty1
Quote:
So EZ, a caveman can do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page