06 zzr600, do I have dynojet installed? What does dynojet say to install for stage 1? - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

06 zzr600, do I have dynojet installed? What does dynojet say to install for stage 1?

Alright, I am messing with the carbs to get an 06 zzr600 project bike. It looks like there is a dynojet kit installed because the needle is different. I am wondering what the manual that comes with the kit says to try first for the main fuel jets? Because it has 112/114 jets and I don't think those are appropriate because top end is where it does not run properly. I just learned about the main air jets and how they look identical. Those are still stock 125 size and they did not plug the idle air jet as the jet kits usually have you do. Another thing is I tried to put 157.5/ 160 mikuni main fuel jets in (Like I have on my 02 zx6r) and they don't seem to work with the aftermarket needle well, it did run a hair better, but still won't go above 110 mph. So I would love it if I knew 1) is this a dynojet or another brand? 2)What is the first size they have you try so I can see if I can only buy those jets. Thanks for any help or knowledge I did not previously have :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Couple things I should mention, dynojet kits do come in even number sizes like I said it had (112/114). The 05-08 zzr600 dynojet kits start a few sizes larger than the 00-02 zx6r kits. Actually, the interesting thing is when looking up dynojet kits, the 112 size is the smallest in the zx6r kit, but I really do not want to spend $100 for jets that are only worth a few bucks. And also since the needle was the only thing I seen after market in the carburetor, I tried the stock needles and it still did not run good enough all the way through with one size larger than stock main jets.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

I found the instructions for this bike on the dynojet site, http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/2133.pdf
Trying to see if I can order just those certain jets through ebay since there are alot of ppl who only used certain ones. Don't think this will solve the entire problem since stock set up didn't work well.

Last edited by cupofjoe_84; 06-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page