Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Best Chain & Sprockets

14K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  bradshow 
#1 ·
Guys I'm going to replace my chain and sprockets this winter because I will have 15,000 miles on them and at times I love the 160 to 180 MPH blasts and don't want to take any chances of a drive train failure....What do you think the best chain and sprockets are? I'm running a +1 Vortex rear with the stock front now.....I'm all about the light weight but don't want to sacrifice strength and safety because of it....Like to hear your thoughts???:headscratch

#2 ·
i am going to go with driven rear. i think imma go down one in front and up one in rear. i heard that is going to make this bike leave hard as ish.... just my 02cts are you currently running stock teeth in rear.

#4 ·
well, here's a link to the best setup you can buy:

http://sidewindersprockets.com/chain.html

There is a lot of information on the subject at this website. Hardly anyone buys this setup because it's expensive. The chain will outlast your bike. well, unless you are running nitro at the dragstrip. It would be a good setup for a rider who makes a lot of long distance rides. It's too expensive for me and a little overkill imo. You did say the best.

Just take hammerheads advice

#7 ·
I have a -1 Vortex in the front and a +2 Vortex in the back.It's a little much.Not shreading the back tire like I thought.Pilot Power 2CT with 1700 miles that looks like new.Gas mileage went from 35 to 32.But I think I'm going back to the stock rear.Not worrying about wear.Only have 4100 miles on the bike.
Craig

#8 · (Edited)
I have a vortex front 17tooth and a 43 supersprox stealth on the back, teamed up with a TS 11,000lb 00 stretch Sigma 530 chain, seems nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.