Riding my new ZX14 from Atlanta to NYC THIS WEEK! Am I nuts? - Page 3 - ZX Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:15 AM
EZ Rider

I Ride: 2014 ZX14R

Garage
That sux.
I assume you are shipping it home

December 2011 ROTM winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by massa222000 View Post
YOU'RE F - KING AWESOME!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfastlife View Post
Not sure if I said this, but the reason why it wouldn't start the second time was likely because there was no oil in the bike and the weak battery didn't help. All the oil was on the back tire and my boots and all over many components on the inside including the battery.

https://www.instagram.com/carlylespi...d=eto3j4zw9ezd
Wow that does not sound good, I'd be demanding my money back from the seller. Let us know how it all works out. Your experience is one reason why I try not to buy used bikes or cars, although 99.9% of the time you get a good vehicle that will provide years of reliability there's always the 1/10% time you get a raw deal. Again I hope it all works out for you in the end.

A good idea when buying used is to have the seller take the bike to a dealership for a thorough inspection at your cost. This can help to identify problems and issues that the seller may not be aware of plus give you the opportunity to back out of a deal if the bike doesn't pass inspection. You spend a little extra money but you're buying piece of mind.

Last edited by wellcraft; 04-08-2019 at 11:36 AM.
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:34 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Quote:
Not sure if I said this, but the reason why it wouldn't start the second time was likely because there was no oil in the bike and the weak battery didn't help. All the oil was on the back tire and my boots and all over many components on the inside including the battery.

https://www.instagram.com/carlylespi...d=eto3j4zw9ezd

Lucky you didn't bust your ass with the back tire all lubed up.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:35 AM

And it seems to me there are a ton of low-mile garage queen ZX-14s out there for sale for a lot less than $10K.

post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

My patience has run out. I've intentionally kept his name out of this because I know he has a lot to lose. You can't be a major icon in this industry and then rip somebody off for 10 grand I'm get away with it. The way I operate is that I'm extraordinary really nice and understanding up until I'm not. So much so but I almost feel a little guilty because they don't know what's coming they can't know. Anybody that would go through what I just did and be so nice about it he wouldn't expect them to do what comes next.

The thing is I don't really have levels. I'm taking it to the max. I'm just going to go all in. No Holds Barred. I already called the police. Next is attorney, then ....
post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 AM

Rg62?
OTDR likes this.
post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Says bike fixed. Wants me to keep it....
post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 AM
EZ Rider

Garage
Curious what he did.
He needs to make this right if you keep it
At least air fare reimbursement and new ticket

Quote:
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Says bike fixed. Wants me to keep it....
Tell him to ride it up to your place.

post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 185EZ View Post
Curious what he did.
He needs to make this right if you keep it
At least air fare reimbursement and new ticket
Yep. If engine seized it need major work. No way he did that.

I'm not riding that deathtrap. If I keep id sell immediately but I can't sell in good conscious without disclosure so I'd get raped
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Everything has been resolved. I want going to unnecessary detail but let's just say everything that happened was explained to me in excruciating detail and ownership was taken where it should have been. Every question was answered and addressed to the fullest. Further, the bike will be demonstrated to be in top order via a Dino video being provided to show that there are no issues.

As far as why they would not be issues well apparently the bike only lost a quart of oil the reason we couldn't see any oil in the glass was because it was too low. The Assumption was made that it did not have oil based on not being able to see anything in the glass but the glass is to show you whether you have enough oil not whether you have oil or not. The reason why it wouldn't start even with power was because a lot of that quart of oil that it lost was on top of the plugs

Bike will be delivered to me towards the end of the month
185EZ likes this.
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:10 AM

I Ride: 2013 ZX 1400 R.

Quote:
Everything has been resolved. I want going to unnecessary detail but let's just say everything that happened was explained to me in excruciating detail and ownership was taken where it should have been. Every question was answered and addressed to the fullest. Further, the bike will be demonstrated to be in top order via a Dino video being provided to show that there are no issues.

As far as why they would not be issues well apparently the bike only lost a quart of oil the reason we couldn't see any oil in the glass was because it was too low. The Assumption was made that it did not have oil based on not being able to see anything in the glass but the glass is to show you whether you have enough oil not whether you have oil or not. The reason why it wouldn't start even with power was because a lot of that quart of oil that it lost was on top of the plugs

Bike will be delivered to me towards the end of the month
Reading right along,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
wow, what a story. You handled it better then I would have. Its correct about the oil window, You can dump 3 quarts or what ever in it and its only the last 1/4 quart is when the oil is visible.
I for one would like to hear the excruciating details. So there was so much oil in the combustion chamber the motor hydraulic ed and wouldnt spin? If not that how did all that oil get above the plugs? ifnot that side stand switch bad? were did it leak from, bad valve cover gasket? If not that where was it leaking from?
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:02 PM

I personally have had enough of the drama and gory details and am more interested in how the bike runs after it's delivered. If the OP is satisfied regarding that, the details are meaningless.

My point is, they could say anything, but probably have the expertise to dump an entirely different motor in, so the only thing that counts is if the new owner is happy.
Chevy Fan Attic likes this.

post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 AM

I Ride: 2013 ZX 1400 R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
I personally have had enough of the drama and gory details and am more interested in how the bike runs after it's delivered. If the OP is satisfied regarding that, the details are meaningless.

My point is, they could say anything, but probably have the expertise to dump an entirely different motor in, so the only thing that counts is if the new owner is happy.
I agree.
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Well, we will find out next week perhaps. So busy at work, I've put it out of my mind for now.

The smoke was from a oil hose of some sort being pinched when bike was converted from race to OEM. Oil pan height is different. Battery had a dead cell. Not that surprising from a man with a fleet of bikes who is super busy.
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:34 AM
EZ Rider

Garage
Did you get your bike?

Quote:
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 185EZ View Post
Did you get your bike?
Yes but unfortunately I just broke one of my fingers so it's been a little hectic to say the least. I wrote it a few times although I stayed mostly in first and second gear to avoid too much shifting because of my hand but I absolutely love it so far I'm just concerned about a rattling noise that I'm hearing at lower speeds and I still want to have it checked out just for peace of mind. Hopefully by this weekend I'll gather my thoughts and provide some feedback on my impressions of the bike that's far.
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Does it have a manual camchain tensioner? If so, it may need some adjustment. If not, get one.

post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure. See video below.

Any service shop recommendation for nj ny ct?

I do 90% of my own work but I'd like a more seasoned person to give overall health check.

https://youtu.be/pMhMfN85W2A

QUOTE=Hammerhead;4072046]Does it have a manual camchain tensioner? If so, it may need some adjustment. If not, get one.[/QUOTE]
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

So during slack check, chain hit pipe. I'm guessing that is my rattle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page