ZX Forums

ZX Forums (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/)
-   ZX-14 Forum (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/)
-   -   ZX12 vs ZX14 (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/19669-zx12-vs-zx14.html)

chuck a 11-26-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBear (Post 3987778)
You buy the ZX14 because it's the baddest in town.
You buy the ZX12 because you're the baddest in town.

There ya go.

very well said, indeed

2fat2fly 11-26-2017 04:14 PM

ZX12 vs ZX14

Quote:

There ya go.

I'll just put this right here......>:)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d0e8574e44.jpg

olajoe808 11-26-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

There ya go.

JBear:

I don't always say this very often. But when I do it's because you say nice things.

Thank you.

Love you bro :treehug:

2fat2fly 11-26-2017 04:25 PM

ZX12 vs ZX14

I can actually speak to this as Iíve owned the same ZX12R since April of 2000 and my brother has owned a ZX14 since April of 2006. Theyíre both great bikes and if you own one and never ride the other youíll be like a retarded kid who doesnít know heís retarded. Youíll be completely content and not want anything else. In reality the 12 has a tall first gear and a fairly weak clutch. The head design is supposedly much better than the 14ís. I canít verify that. The 14 on the other hand, has a great clutch and awesome gearing right out of the box. Around town and for drag racing the 14 is a better choice stock for stock. In the twisties I believe the 12 is the better choice. It sits higher than the 14 and with the taller first gear it requires less shifting than the 14 but with the power these two put out neither requires a lot of foot work. I feel the 12 looks worldís better but thatís entirely subjective. If you buy either one youíre a winner.
The 14 will win a drag race stock for stock. The 2000 12 has no top speed restriction. The 14 has a huge aftermarket following. The 12 will require you to have a good friend who is a machinist. Both can be modified as much or as little as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olajoe808 11-26-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fat2fly (Post 3987850)
I can actually speak to this as Iíve owned the same ZX12R since April of 2000 and my brother has owned a ZX14 since April of 2006. Theyíre both great bikes and if you own one and never ride the other youíll be like a retarded kid who doesnít know heís retarded. Youíll be completely content and not want anything else. In reality the 12 has a tall first gear and a fairly weak clutch. The head design is supposedly much better than the 14ís. I canít verify that. The 14 on the other hand, has a great clutch and awesome gearing right out of the box. Around town and for drag racing the 14 is a better choice stock for stock. In the twisties I believe the 12 is the better choice. It sits higher than the 14 and with the taller first gear it requires less shifting than the 14 but with the power these two put out neither requires a lot of foot work. I feel the 12 looks worldís better but thatís entirely subjective. If you buy either one youíre a winner.
The 14 will win a drag race stock for stock. The 2000 12 has no top speed restriction. The 14 has a huge aftermarket following. The 12 will require you to have a good friend who is a machinist. Both can be modified as much or as little as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys lets be clear. The 14 is rock solid. This whole thread revival was to have some fun, encourage friendly discussion, not to bash. To be clear the 14 is an amazing bike. I love it. Anyone looking to place theirs in a good home, just ask.

olajoe808 11-26-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fat2fly (Post 3987834)

olajoe808 11-26-2017 05:03 PM

And I know there is more than 6 14s on this forum.

Hammerhead 11-26-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olajoe808 (Post 3987738)
Noticed you were going on a long ride. Have a save trip and return.

Thanks. It should be pretty low-key. We are supposed to avoid the slab and hit the SR's.

Chevy Fan Attic 11-26-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawa-zuki (Post 130960)
So which is better/faster?

So are you asking faster like 0 to 100 or top speed? Straight line or turns? I would say its all in the rider especially in the twisties.

suzy1052 11-27-2017 04:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Personally I like the 14's handling much better compared to my old 12R. Looking at them side by side puts the 14 in Busa ugly territory.

suzy1052 11-27-2017 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know ugly. Me and this bike did not get along from day one. Rear tire blew out while on the interstate the first week and the front blew out on the interstate 2 weeks later ( Shinko's). After 800 miles I sold it.

57x 11-27-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawa-zuki (Post 130960)
So which is better/faster?

Both of these bikes have way more power than 80% of the riders out there can manage. "Better", that is the subjective part. I have had both and prefered the 12. Find the one you like and don't look back as they are both fantastic bikes.

I picked up two ZX12R race engines from Muzzy when we got all the ZX7R parts. The N/A engine was good for 350hp and the Turbo engine was good for 425hp. Muzzy said the 12 could easily make as much power as the 14 even with stock displacement since the 12 head design was so much better.

Hammerhead 11-27-2017 10:32 AM

I just need a 12R to park alongside the 14.

olajoe808 11-27-2017 12:34 PM

Well I think it's time I get something off my shoulders.

Its been awhile and I've put a lot of thought into this decision. Sometimes you put so much into a certain direction whether it's with the grain or against. All while there are alternatives readily available that would achieve the desired outcomes perhaps while consuming less resources. That is to say, there are certain makes/ models or even conditions of bikes that inescapably rise to the top. All the determination, self will, or perhaps hope may get you to the stadium but never really land you in the ball park. Unless, it's the one. The one that has in hand the pin point coordinates. Perhaps it is showroom new with a refreshing flavor. Or the one that won the glory and the celebratory train is still boarding years later.

It is through this process of realization that acceptance has surfaced and it's rising fast. It's a large puncture in a sinking ship that cannot be mended without a drydock. The acceptance to know when to hold em and when to simply abandon ship. A decision that is actually now allowing the light at the end of the tunnel to burn brighter.

This decision can no longer be just a weightless proposition. My zx-12r is now in need of a good home. A home that will provide for its maintenance, excercise, and overall well being. It is not for lack of trying. Its been there, its seen that but that's precisely when it's happiest the most.

For your opportunity at a well cared for, finely optimized, whistler in the wind, call now.

1-800- VOTE - ZX12-R ROTM.

Call today.

suzy1052 11-27-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olajoe808 (Post 3988210)
Well I think it's time I get something off my shoulders.

It's been awhile and I've put a lot of thought into this decision. Sometimes you put so much into a certain direction whether it's with the grain or against. All while there are alternatives readily available that would achieve the desired outcomes perhaps while consuming less resources. That is to say, there are certain makes/ models or even conditions of bikes that inescapably rise to the top. All the determination, self will, or perhaps hope may get you to the stadium but never really land you in the ball park. Unless, it's the one. The one that has in hand the pin point coordinates. Perhaps it is showroom new with a refreshing flavor. Or the one that won the glory and the celebratory train is still boarding years later.

It is through this process of realization that acceptance has surfaced and it's rising fast. It's a large puncture in a sinking ship that cannot be mended without a drydock. The acceptance to know when to hold em and when to simply abandon ship. A decision that is actually now allowing the light at the end of the tunnel to burn brighter.

This decision can no longer be just a weightless proposition. My zx-12r is now in need of a good home. A home that will provide for it's maintenance, excercise, and overall well being. It is not for lack of trying. It's been there, it's seen that but that's precisely when its happiest the most.

For your opportunity at a well cared for, finely optimized, whistler in the wind, call now.

1-800- VOTE - ZX12-R ROTM.

Call today.

Been keeping that one in the chamber for a while huh ?:gun-toot-smiley:

olajoe808 11-27-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzy1052 (Post 3988226)
Been keeping that one in the chamber for a while huh ?:gun-toot-smiley:

As much as I don't want to say this, I'm already getting offers :wink2:

olajoe808 11-27-2017 06:07 PM

Question? How much should I ask?

olajoe808 11-27-2017 06:44 PM

I wonder what Chief would do? Probably burn rubber over a squid then have the sushi remains cited for reckless endangerment.

185EZ 11-28-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olajoe808 (Post 3988394)
Question? How much should I ask?

How much do you want?

JBear 11-28-2017 04:34 PM

Yeah, that's a good place to start.