Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

New ride

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Poolio123 
#1 ·
Picked up a 02 zx12r for $2,200. Has full titanium and carbon can muzzy plus power commander. Notice a flat spot starting out then once moving revs perfectly. Is this normal? What if any chain and sprocket size would bump up the top speed. Had it to 180 so far very easily.

#5 · (Edited)
Some guy came up to me a couple of days ago at a gas station. He started talking to me but I really couldn't hear much what he was saying had my full head gear on. My camera was rolling and when I played it back he was pointing to my air horn and asking if it was a turbo. At the time I was like what, and before I could say anything he was saying ah cool. Red is a good fun touring bike along with what other owners are using it for.

#6 ·
Love the power, has a stutter at take off. I’m not sure if that’s the famous muzzy dead spot but after that she doesn’t miss a beat. Does have what looks like a left side valve cover gasket leak. Read somewhere it could be the cam sensor too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.