left over parts from tire change? - ZX Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joined: Oct 2019

Posts: 20
left over parts from tire change?

Ha! Ok, the retaining rings on the rear shaft.... I have plenty of room on the right side for a ring but the left just doesnt have room? I took it apart twice and not sure what I need to do? The fun didn't stop there! While trying to get the front tire back in...fender broke. As far as that goes I think I will order a prepainted fender for $85. I would like to get kawa fender but think a painter will rape me to paint the fender. I did take the bike for a quick spin. HOLY COW! it felt like a different bike! Backing out of the garage it rolled almost by itself, no fighting the weight! Didn't go fast but it road so nice through the neighborhood! Michelin PR 2 They were made 39 week of 2018 and 49th week of 18.
Regulator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joined: Oct 2019

Posts: 20
Ok a bit of good news. Got prepainted kawa fender! $100. Not bad! I thought worse! BIKEBANDIT For the win!
Regulator is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
olajoe808's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017

Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
Ha! Ok, the retaining rings on the rear shaft.... I have plenty of room on the right side for a ring but the left just doesnt have room? I took it apart twice and not sure what I need to do? The fun didn't stop there! While trying to get the front tire back in...fender broke. As far as that goes I think I will order a prepainted fender for $85. I would like to get kawa fender but think a painter will rape me to paint the fender. I did take the bike for a quick spin. HOLY COW! it felt like a different bike! Backing out of the garage it rolled almost by itself, no fighting the weight! Didn't go fast but it road so nice through the neighborhood! Michelin PR 2 They were made 39 week of 2018 and 49th week of 18.
I know you pumped the brakes first so not going to say it wasn't that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte78 View Post
Very nice. I want a ZX12R.
olajoe808 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joined: Oct 2019

Posts: 20
Ok. Not sure how pumping the brakes will allow the shaft to move 1/8in into swingarm?
Regulator is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
olajoe808's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017

Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
Ok. Not sure how pumping the brakes will allow the shaft to move 1/8in into swingarm?
It won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte78 View Post
Very nice. I want a ZX12R.
olajoe808 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 AM
Member
 
PACABADA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Santa Paula, CA

Posts: 69
Think you should post a photo of your problem.

Paul

96 ZX-11 Dark Green
76 KZ900LTD B1
03 Ducati ST4s
15 Triumph Street Triple RX
PACABADA is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joined: Oct 2019

Posts: 20
I did get it. A washer was on the wrong end of the shaft...
Regulator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome