Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Zx11(1100) Windscreens

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Ryandparis 
#1 ·
Anybody have some insight as far as compatability with swapping windscreens from different ZX Models? I have am 00 11 prev owner bumped it and knocked it over in the garage, taking a good portion of the screen out. I can only find a handful of options that pertain to the 11 in particular of the ~00 era. Ideally I'd live Red, but want in one hand, $hit in the other.... From measurement purposes nothing seems to come close is dimensions or contour fitment?

#2 ·
I don't believe the D-model windscreens fit the C-models, or vice-versa.

My C-model now uses Targa 'shorty' screen which (for reasons I'll never quite understand) provides BETTER overall wind-protection than the Zero-gravity (taller, touring) screen which originally came with the bike, when I bought it in 2013.

Someday I'd like to try a double-bubble screen, but I've never stumbled across one, in any of the salvage-yards or bike-shops I've breezed through, over the past few years.

#6 ·
eBay under $40 was about the best luck I had. For the price and compared to the busted ZG screen, I'd say a win! Decided to throw in the LED headlight and red led cluster bulbs while it was all out. In the end I think I'm more jacked about the headlight even tho I'm excited about the new screen, think it's more a vanity thing with that lol.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.