Kleen Air / EVAP Cali model removal ? - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Kleen Air / EVAP Cali model removal ?

Having some issues with this system and would like to remove it so I can vent the float bowl vents to the airbox rather than the vacuum valve.

Has anyone down this - it’s tje Cali model with the extra emissions system on it.

The issue I’m having is that the float bowl vents seem to be restricted by the Evap system causing the float bowls to pressurise and I get flooding when hot starting.

If I disconnect the float bowl breathers from the Evap the flooding stops

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 11:57 AM

I Ride: 1996 ZX7R, 1996 ZX7RR (track)

I am not too familiar with the 1100 set up exactly but the principal is the same as my 7s.
What you need is for the carb bowl vent line to hook into the airbox. There should be a line that goes from the vacuum valve into the airbox. That is the place to connect it. Once connected, you can remove the valve, block off the 4 ports under the carbs and remove all the other lines attached to the valve.
If you need more guidance, search Kleen air delete and float bowl mod. Most all ram air Kawasaki’s are similar/ the same.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjanut View Post
I am not too familiar with the 1100 set up exactly but the principal is the same as my 7s.
What you need is for the carb bowl vent line to hook into the airbox. There should be a line that goes from the vacuum valve into the airbox. That is the place to connect it. Once connected, you can remove the valve, block off the 4 ports under the carbs and remove all the other lines attached to the valve.
If you need more guidance, search Kleen air delete and float bowl mod. Most all ram air Kawasaki’s are similar/ the same.
Thanks for that. I have done some research on it and some of the threads and websites say that rejetting to smaller jets is required ?

Another issue is that the pipe from the ram air intake plumbs in to the vacuum valve but that isn’t mentioned in the posts so I don’t know what to do with it.

This is where I’m stumbling

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Just checked the parts diagram for the U.K. 1990 C1 and the ram air pipe connects to the breathers so will try that next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page