Front brake lines - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 1996 ZX11, CR500, DR370

Garage
Front brake lines

Hi Guys, I'm looking at a set of Russell braided stainless front brake lines. It is a two line kit that replaces the splitter block and runs both lines directly to the master cyl.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking to improve the feel of the front brakes over stock (also installing a set of EBC FA158HH pads).

I already have a braided stainless line going from the master cyl. to the splitter. Is there a source for just the lower sections?

Regards,
M.Rad.

"If it ain't broke-don't break it!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:57 PM

I can put you contact with someone who buy direct from, he would know. You would just need to supply the length and the type angle on the fitting and color. He could explain it better.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 1996 ZX11, CR500, DR370

Garage
olajoe808, that would be great, thank you!

Regards,
M.Rad.

"If it ain't broke-don't break it!"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:19 AM

PM sent

Here's what his lines look like installed. Paired with my brakes it's a significant improvement over stock even added one on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	10206   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	10208  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 10:48 AM

I Ride: 1996 ZX11< 2008 ZX14 w Ohlins< 97 Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
PM sent

Here's what his lines look like installed. Paired with my brakes it's a significant improvement over stock even added one on the back.
Mind sending me that info as well please? I just picked up a new to me 96 ZX1100D in excellent shape to take advantage of collector plates in 2021. Sold my ZX14. I just have risers on bike so factory length should be fine i would just like to improve the stock tokico 4 pots.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:03 PM

I Ride: Kawasaki Zx11 D1

I don't remember the brand name of my steel braided front lines (the rear is Russell) but they are like you describe, and they provide a more solid feel to the brake lever. This, combined with tokiko six pots calipers. increased the braking power of my zx11 to a whole new level.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:48 PM

I Ride: 1996 ZX11< 2008 ZX14 w Ohlins< 97 Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktor92 View Post
I don't remember the brand name of my steel braided front lines (the rear is Russell) but they are like you describe, and they provide a more solid feel to the brake lever. This, combined with tokiko six pots calipers. increased the braking power of my zx11 to a whole new level.
What year 6 pots does one need to look for? First and foremost will be to clean and lubricate stock calip[ers as bike has only 35Km and then move to SS lines first w new pads
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
Mind sending me that info as well please? I just picked up a new to me 96 ZX1100D in excellent shape to take advantage of collector plates in 2021. Sold my ZX14. I just have risers on bike so factory length should be fine i would just like to improve the stock tokico 4 pots.
Was referring to apexbrakes.com.You might also want to reach out to the guy that started this thread. Recommended them to him and never heard back. But that's just probably how they do it over there just there way of saying mahalo.

Even though you raised me I will never be your father
King of each and every Sunset Marquis
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 04:06 AM

I Ride: Kawasaki Zx11 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
What year 6 pots does one need to look for? First and foremost will be to clean and lubricate stock calip[ers as bike has only 35Km and then move to SS lines first w new pads
You have to look at GSXR k1/k2 tokico calipers. They need only a separator of about 1.5mm and have bolts of 8mm, instead of 10mm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page