Defective Speedo Cable Clamp - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 1999 ZX-11 D7

Defective Speedo Cable Clamp

For several years now, I have been unable to permanently attach the plastic speedo cable clamp back into the hole in the left side of the front fender. It is apparent that the plastic split dome that pushes through the hole has simply worn out. I have tried using silicone a few times but it is just not compatible with the plastic clip or the fender.

I checked with my local Kawasaki dealer to try and order a new one however they tell me that p/n 92170-1186 is no longer available which doesn't surprise me on a 20 year old bike. I could try a local cycle salvage graveyard near Peterborough but that would be like finding a needle in a haystack! I'd prefer to still have something there to stop the cable from flapping around and could likely jerry-rig something else such as using a large plastic zip tie. Perhaps a newer model bike has a part that would work.

Thought I'd just throw it out to see what others have done to either get it to stay attached or have done something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedo Cable Clamp.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	9806  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZX-11 Cables and Clamps.pdf (2.79 MB, 7 views)

Buckshot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page