Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Where is everybody?

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  martyzx11 
#1 ·
Kinda empty around here lately. Doesn't anyone have some new project to tell about? What about a story of a riding adventure? Anybody been on an interesting excursion?

My bike is pretty well sorted for now, everything running well. The Concours bars are a god-send and realy relieve the pressure on my back and neck.
I haven't really had much time to ride. Started a new job a few weeks ago that was billed as "about 50hrs/week". So far it's been 60+ (going in for 4hrs today) going on 70...
So far I have accumulated about 1400 mikles on the engine transplant and am very happy with it. Oil pressure is still excellent, and it's good to be able to verify it with the gauge.

I've got 1400 miles of dust and dirt on it, so now I have to figure out how to make some time to wash and wax it.

Post up guys!

#2 ·
This forum seems pretty slow, in general. I’m usually over browsing on ZRXOA, lots more action over there. I haven’t done anything to the bike over the winter, been brutally cold and tough to heat the garage. My biggest project before spring gets here is to put factory ignition coils back on. I tried coil on plug but I’ve been having hot start issues, so going back to stock. Still looking for mounting hardware, if anyone has some laying around...

#6 ·
I had the stick coils for about 3 years and they ran fine until I've got hot start issues too. Now running stock coils and all perfect.
I have no weather issues here, I ride all year, and I like more the winter (it's not so cold and there's no snow luckily). Maybe this year I finally start my old project of a sort of automatic chain oiler, like the Scottoiler, but cheaper and simpler.

#5 ·
Haven’t been able to do shit here in Iowa, but Thursday/Friday this week it’s supposed to be 60. I’ll likely be out, but the other problem here is the roads are in absolutely terrible condition. Potholes galore, sand, frost heaves, etc.

I’m sure the forum will get busier with warmer weather.

#8 ·
PACABADA- My clock works , sort of... It is so inaccurate as to be nearly useless unless I re-set it before each ride. Not what I would have expected from the Japanese! But I love the bars!

viktor92- Sounds like a cool project. Are you close to finishing? Any particular technical hang-ups? I always like DIY for cheaper solutions.

Weather has been good here in Tx. Rode last Sunday, perfect temp and sunny. I don't like riding to work because the parking lot is gravel and caliche and the wind blows constantly so my bike is immediately covered in dust.
I'll have to get a cover so I can ride it to work this summer.

#10 ·
#13 ·
Hopefully they will be sweeping the salt up here soon . Its been getting warmer be riding time soon . Get a few warm days here and there but its always when I have to work . Fired up my zrx last weekend but then chickened out and didn't ride it .

#15 ·
Pulled my old girl out last weekend, and after a fresh battery, got her on the road. An odd miss appeared, while riding at steady rpm’s with traffic. Did it quite a few times, but not while accelerating. Started thinking she may need a set of plugs.
Today on a quick ride she did it again, but more prominent while leaning over on entrance/exit ramps. Now thinking may be fuel related. Threw a small bottle of Red Line fuel treatment, but so on the ride home I had similar occurrences. Seems to be only under 5k rpm’s and not when accelerating.
I’ll dig into it further, but sound familiar to anyone? Lots of variables, I know. Started her once a week to warmup all winter, Star Trol in the tank and circulated, and fresh fuel last weekend.

#19 ·
Just bought a 2016 Z800ABS as birthday thing...for myself.

Been putting a list of add-ons together, and putting in some mileage.

I quite like this beasty. :D

Nice. I have liked the Z. I tested one out and I loved the way it rides. Bar end mirrors, fender eliminator and a good exhaust is pretty much all it needs. What do you have planned for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Looks like hibernation is over and the riders are waking back up! We had a mild winter here in central TX, so riding was doable with only my heavy leather jacket (well, I wore pants too...). This morning it was about 55F, so a little chilly in the Tourmaster mesh, but this afternoon it was in the 80s and perfect riding. Since I only worked 12 hrs today, I had time for a nice "long way home" ride.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and remember that the first barbeque of the spring season was an "event" so I guess the first good day of riding is much the same for some of us.

It's good to see some action on the forum again, we have a good bunch here! Well mannered, helpful, and mature ( in the best sense of the term). Too many forums these days are not!

#23 ·
Looks like hibernation is over and the riders are waking back up! We had a mild winter here in central TX, so riding was doable with only my heavy leather jacket (well, I wore pants too...). This morning it was about 55F, so a little chilly in the Tourmaster mesh, but this afternoon it was in the 80s and perfect riding. Since I only worked 12 hrs today, I had time for a nice "long way home" ride.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and remember that the first barbeque of the spring season was an "event" so I guess the first good day of riding is much the same for some of us.

It's good to see some action on the forum again, we have a good bunch here! Well mannered, helpful, and mature ( in the best sense of the term). Too many forums these days are not!

55! It was 45 here in California this morning and the ride was cold to work. I only wore a textile jacket and yes pants. Like you said it warmed up to about 75 this afternoon. I didn’t do my normal 12 hour shift like you did so I absolutely took the long way home. Don’t tell the wife [emoji2958]. Should be nice weather this weekend so maybe I’ll crash the Cars and Coffee in my town and make it Bikes and Coffee. It’s always a good time.
As far as the forum goes. I think everyone is well mannered and helpful. I do wish it was a little more Livelier at times. But the few that are on at times make it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.