Where is everybody? - Page 2 - ZX Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 1996 ZX11, CR500, DR370

Garage
Looks like hibernation is over and the riders are waking back up! We had a mild winter here in central TX, so riding was doable with only my heavy leather jacket (well, I wore pants too...). This morning it was about 55F, so a little chilly in the Tourmaster mesh, but this afternoon it was in the 80s and perfect riding. Since I only worked 12 hrs today, I had time for a nice "long way home" ride.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and remember that the first barbeque of the spring season was an "event" so I guess the first good day of riding is much the same for some of us.

It's good to see some action on the forum again, we have a good bunch here! Well mannered, helpful, and mature ( in the best sense of the term). Too many forums these days are not!
ZXKawboy and j.bird4 like this.

Regards,
M.Rad.

"If it ain't broke-don't break it!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXKawboy View Post
First on the list is a windscreen. Since the bike is also a commuter, a little respite from the wind blast on the slab is a must-have.

I'm thinking about bark-busters, for the same reason, so I'd augment the stock mirrors to stick out a bit further for a wider (non-shoulder) view behind me. Bar-end mirrors could be a thing, if I decide against the bark-busters, though. Still on the fence about that.

A Yoshimura Alpha 'street series' exhaust is definitely on the list. Lighter weight (by about 22 lbs or so) and a really sweet sound that isn't too loud.

Let's see...a fender eliminator to clean up the looks, and fender extenders both front and rear, to keep the underside from getting too gunked up. Also on the list are engine case guards, and frame sliders.

And then it's on to luggage... Oi.

The Beautiful Bride will be riding with me on occasion, so that'll bear some thought...

The list looks on point brother.
You should look into Kriega luggage. I have a few pieces of there gear and absolutely love. They are built to last. Been running the same book bag for 6 years everyday to work and not a single rip. They have lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZXKawboy likes this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Rad. View Post
Looks like hibernation is over and the riders are waking back up! We had a mild winter here in central TX, so riding was doable with only my heavy leather jacket (well, I wore pants too...). This morning it was about 55F, so a little chilly in the Tourmaster mesh, but this afternoon it was in the 80s and perfect riding. Since I only worked 12 hrs today, I had time for a nice "long way home" ride.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and remember that the first barbeque of the spring season was an "event" so I guess the first good day of riding is much the same for some of us.

It's good to see some action on the forum again, we have a good bunch here! Well mannered, helpful, and mature ( in the best sense of the term). Too many forums these days are not!

55! It was 45 here in California this morning and the ride was cold to work. I only wore a textile jacket and yes pants. Like you said it warmed up to about 75 this afternoon. I didn’t do my normal 12 hour shift like you did so I absolutely took the long way home. Don’t tell the wife . Should be nice weather this weekend so maybe I’ll crash the Cars and Coffee in my town and make it Bikes and Coffee. It’s always a good time.
As far as the forum goes. I think everyone is well mannered and helpful. I do wish it was a little more Livelier at times. But the few that are on at times make it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM

I Ride: kawasaki zx11c

I'm still waiting for the ground to dry up to get the bike out. We have had a long hard winter here in New Brunswick Canada and they are still calling for a little snow later this week. So I guess I'm still in hibernation mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page