ZX11 exhaust question - ZX Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: ZX11d Current... had 1984 GPz1100

ZX11 exhaust question

Guys.. I am thinking of getting a 95 ZX11 from a friend...it has the stock exhaust and I always preferred the 4 into 1 type... I have been looking and I can't find anyone that makes any aftermarket exhaust for this bike... what am I missing..? Are there other models that will fit that I should do the search for? Any help will be appreciated.. thanks.

Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM

I Ride: 93 ZX-11, 82 CB900F, 79 XS650*SOLD*

https://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-11...1-exhaust.html

Two muffler solution.... and a pretty good one at that

“Don’t try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other.”

- Al Bundy - Hero to all Men
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:29 PM

WeBike $$$ look on EBay you can get lucky sometimes

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys... it is actually a 97 ZX11.... I thought he said 95... and I am pretty sure it is the D model...I have the vin number from him... thanks for any and all help...

Johnny
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 09:29 PM

I Ride: 93 ZX-11, 82 CB900F, 79 XS650*SOLD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboat View Post
Sorry guys... it is actually a 97 ZX11.... I thought he said 95... and I am pretty sure it is the D model...I have the vin number from him... thanks for any and all help...

Johnny
Doesnt matter, they all fit

“Don’t try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other.”

- Al Bundy - Hero to all Men
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:43 PM

I Ride: 92 ZX-11

Totally get the 4-1 look as that was what everyone did in the late 80's/early 90's when I got into bikes. You might still be able to get a new Muzzy, which exits on the left side. Vance&Hines make a 4 into 1 system that exits on the right side (which I prefer, making chain maintenance easier) that I put on mine but never liked the big shinny canister for some reason. The ZZR1200 system bolts right on and allows you to fit slip-ons from a variety of manufacturers.

I ended up with a Vance&Hines header with a Remus cone canister. I cut the flanges off and used the OEM ones as I found it easier to install/remove them. I also had to cut the mid pipe shorter to fit the Remus canister.

I will say that if I had to do it all over again...I wouldn't, as much as I like the way it looks and runs now. It ran very smooth with the stock exhaust and jetting. It took a lot of work to get the jetting right after I took off the stock system.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:54 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Muzzy is out of business and V&H is concentrating on Harley stuff. Finding an aftermarket exhaust for a 20-year-old machine is an exercise in frustration. Exhausts for ZZR 1200s should work and the machines were made up to 2005. Check with Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
...Exhausts for ZZR 1200s should work...
Not "should work"; they do work for sure.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 04:57 PM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Only I could be right and still be wrong......

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

New retail exhaust found for the ZX11

I had forgotten about this thread I had started, I have found one company that still sells new exhaust for the ZX11, they are out of England... they have all Stainless Steel tubing, and either a SS can or Carbon fiber can... I emailed them and they said it would be at my door in under a week once ordered... their website includes a %20 sales tax that brits have to pay, that we don't here in the states, so even with shipping, the cost is less than the web site, and the typical full system is under or around $500, shipped to your door. BlackWidow Exhaust is the company, but there is also a car exhaust company here by the same name, so the car company comes up most on google search's... you have to add motorcycle exhaust and from England if you do a search... here is the link below... I will be order one in a week or so, once uncle sam cough's up my yearly loan payment back to me... If you don't see a system you like, they said in the email, you can order just the header pipe and any of the cans if not listed as a 'set'... I prefer the "GP exhaust tip" on either the SS can or the CF can... it is the fat round exit tip..I posted pics on another thread somewhere here... I am not sure where...haha... " I must'a got lost...".. but here is the link, you may have to copy/paste it to your browser...

http://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/

http://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/

My pics are on the other PC, I will swap pc's and upload a couple of pics in a little bit... when I order one, I will post a full 'how the hell did it go' thread...

Johnny
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

I forgot you can't do the drag and drop for most pics here... from photobucket....

Johnny
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

And I did end up getting the bike.. have had to rebuild carbs, replace fuel pump, fuel lines, clean tank and fix a pin hole, have brake pads ordered, have handlebar risers ordered to raise the bars 1 & 1/4 inchs and am thinking about ordering a set of the Knights foot pegs that lower 1&3/8 inches... I did get to do a short ride, but I am too big for the bike to be comfortable, so that is the reason for the bar risers and footpeg lowering sets... I think that will take care of it.. Paint will be coming in the next month or so once I get it going, and I am ordering a set of the exhaust as soon as my tax refund hits my door... but here it is as is...

[IMG][/IMG]

Johnny
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 AM

I Ride: 1996 ZX11 and 2000 ZRX1100

Heck Johnboat, those look nice. I found a Muzzy 4-1 from a member last year. I had been on for about 3 years till I saw 1. I have seen them come up on EBay but they are usually lacking in good looks or the shape they are in.

I ride an overly large and needlessly powerful motorcycle. Just starting it makes a polar bear die.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Roger that...as soon as I get the go ahead from my tax returns, I will order one and will post up a full account of how it goes.
tickketplease likes this.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Well, I found a exhaust system that I bought last week, instead of the Black Widow from England... I found a Micron SS system on ebay, new in the box.. Micron went out of business several years ago, at least the motorcycle part of the business... this guy had some NOS still laying around.. put it on yesterday and will post up some pics in the next day or so...was dark by the time I got finished.. went on great, can still get to the oil filter and oil drain and even was able to keep the center stand... the guy has a couple more of the head pipes, but no mufflers left..but they are standard 2.5" outlet, so pretty much any brand could be fitted to the header.. I got lucky and didn't have to fab any brackets or anything. could not believe how heavy the stock system was..going to bring to work and put on one of our 4' scales to see just how much it weighs... I am thinking at least 50-60 lbs.. maybe my stock mufflers are full of carbon or rust..but dam...

Johnny
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:19 AM

I Ride: 1996 ZX11 and 2000 ZRX1100

exhaust

Yes Johnboat, I put my Muzzy 4-1 on to save weight. Liked the quietness of the stock but didn't like the weight. Enjoy!!!
johnboat likes this.

I ride an overly large and needlessly powerful motorcycle. Just starting it makes a polar bear die.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:00 AM

I Ride: Kawasaki Zx11 D1

I can't see any picture...
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktor92 View Post
I can't see any picture...
Sorry... I changed my photobucket around and now the link don't work... I hate photobucket.. am in the process of moving my pics somewhere else.. maybe flickr... still looking... I will take some new pics of the exhaust finally on and repost them asap...
tickketplease likes this.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 10:39 AM

I Ride: 96 ZX11<08 ZX14 w Ohlins<97 Blackbird

I am looking at a full system on clearance from Hindle, left exit or go ZZR1200 route w set of slip ons, whatever is cheaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page