Fork oil height Question - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Fork oil height Question

Ok i have an 07 zx10 and i have followed grathmanracing.com's write up the only problem i am having is understanding the fork oil height. Kawasaki calls for 576 +-4ml and the traxxion dynamics kit says just to measure 110mm on the end of the fork oil level gauge and suck the leftover oil out. Well i was curious so i went ahead and measured 576ml and poured it in the fork and to check i measured 110mm on the fork oil level gauge. Problem is the oil is height required by kawi and the height required by traxxion dynamics is way off if i am understanding everything correctly. My question is am i misunderstanding something. If so please let me know your help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM

From: just down the hill from 158 corners in 12 miles.. cottonwood az
I Ride: 2000 zrx1100

is it lower/higher ? i go by the CC's when i do forks.... you can change the height to change the damping of the forks (less oil = softer, more oil = harder) its just another way of TUNING the forks without going to springs/valving....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

What kawi is calling for is higher than traxxion dynamics and if i where to install the spring it would overflow into the outer fork tube. Only reason i drained them was to do my fork seals and i had gained some weight so i went ahead and put Belray 10w fork oil to make it a little harder. This is my first time doing fork seals so i am just learning this is why i ask i guess if i go with what traxxion dynamics is calling for along as both forks are filled evenly then i dont think i will have a problem. Thanks for the input ZANEYZREX. If anybody else has advice please let me know i will be finishing up tomorrow.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM

I Ride: 2006 Green 10R

I used the same write up a few weeks ago, also used the same kit. I used the leveling tool, im pretty sure the manual calls for 111mm +/- 2 mm, with the fork full compressed and spring out. Thats what i went with and it worked great for me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 05:24 PM

From: just down the hill from 158 corners in 12 miles.. cottonwood az
I Ride: 2000 zrx1100

put in as much oil as you can,, then pump the cartridge up and down to fill it and purge air... that will pull ALOT of your fluid out of the fork itself. then put in the rest of your oil, then spring and finish off with cap etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page