aight stunt folks i know you guys got some pics and stuff to say! get to it!!! - Page 2 - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaskunk View Post
I did that back in the day when I was stupid enough not to wear a jacket two weeks after I had just finished restoring my bike. The cranckcase cover was the last bit to go on, and when she had stopped slidin down the road it had a fat hole in it. Now that hurt. Wish it was 20mph
Ouch. Good to see you still have the ability to type on a computer though. High speed lay downs usually don't end up too well

Quote:
Originally Posted by elldee2003 View Post
sounds good....not hitting the pavement, but trying sitting first.
Yea pavement isn't the goal here Just make sure you are wearing your gear. If you have a problem with getting it in the air (better than saying getting it up) try to scoot back on the seat. Just be sure you're covering the rear brake in case you come too far back. On the way back down, you want to give it throttle so that the front end comes down smoothly. If you smash the rear brake or just drop the throttle, it wont be good on your forks nor your jewels. Could also throw you over the bars. Its best to practice in a parking lot or somewhere open with no traffic and just take your time. If you have the common knowledge of how to ride a bike and the simplest understanding of physics, you shouldn't have a problem. Practice getting your throttle control and the feeling of the front wheel lifting, even if its a couple inches. You can worry about your balance point after you get the basics down. Sounds funny, but there are actually a few nice videos on wheelies on youtube. You could use those for visual aid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM

I Ride: 2002 ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersrt View Post

Yea pavement isn't the goal here Just make sure you are wearing your gear. If you have a problem with getting it in the air (better than saying getting it up) try to scoot back on the seat. Just be sure you're covering the rear brake in case you come too far back. On the way back down, you want to give it throttle so that the front end comes down smoothly. If you smash the rear brake or just drop the throttle, it wont be good on your forks nor your jewels. Could also throw you over the bars. Its best to practice in a parking lot or somewhere open with no traffic and just take your time. If you have the common knowledge of how to ride a bike and the simplest understanding of physics, you shouldn't have a problem. Practice getting your throttle control and the feeling of the front wheel lifting, even if its a couple inches. You can worry about your balance point after you get the basics down. Sounds funny, but there are actually a few nice videos on wheelies on youtube. You could use those for visual aid
thanks for all the info. i have the concept of using the rear break but just haven't tried to do anything on the bike yet. bout to start practicing a little before it get too cold and start up again when it gets warm again.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elldee2003 View Post
thanks for all the info. i have the concept of using the rear break but just haven't tried to do anything on the bike yet. bout to start practicing a little before it get too cold and start up again when it gets warm again.
Speaking of cold weather, make sure your tires are warm if you are doing clutch-ups. If not you could end up with a squirly, one wheeled rolling burnout

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersrt View Post
Ouch. Good to see you still have the ability to type on a computer though. High speed lay downs usually don't end up too well
Yeah the paramedic said I was lucky and stupid. I slid down the road quite a way and was fortunate enough not to cross over to the side with oncomin traffic. Never thought much till I met someone who had a crash at 60mph (slower than me) and he wasn't lucky. Sorta thing where he had his guts removed to put his spine back together. Made me re-evaluate.

Always wear your gear and look out for stupid drivers (usually o.a.p) gettin ready to pull out in front of you.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 AM

I Ride: 2005 ZX10R

Ya start with a sit down first. Stand up's are a little harder to start out on after you get good at a sit down it makes stand ups that much E Zer.

Have you'll checked out my other videos on youtube? you can find them on the same link....
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Might have a couple pics of just some sitdowns on the fiddy. I'll look when i get home.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Here is one just messin around after a race...........had a couple too many that day.

Last edited by ggallup; 11-12-2008 at 08:21 PM.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Exclamation

Awesome stuff..

Here's what I got =)

My Stunt Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4-wDLVVsg
Night Riding Video: (Not So Good Quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA5e2FVbJxM
Wheelie Tutorial.. Side shot of Wheelie on ZX6R:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPcGTH7IcU

My bike: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

ALL STOCK

Rear tire, Michelin Pilot @ 38 P.S.I.
Front tire, Bridgestone (Stock) BALD!! lol..

Been doing wheelies for a while now.. Got the bike back in July of '07.

Anyone in South Florida that wants to ride PM me!

Ride On!!

and...

DONT HATE!
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM

K.. couple of edits.. I got new brakes, EBC =D

Got a new Pilot Power front tire =D

and I did an oil change.. NOW I DO STOPPIES!! =D
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM

K.. couple of edits.. I got new brakes, EBC =D

Got a new Pilot Power front tire =D

and I did an oil change.. NOW I DO STOPPIES!! =D

post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 AM

BURN OUTS VID

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=48687357

Last edited by RIDN JON; 02-25-2009 at 09:11 AM.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
When I was younger I could have filled this section with shit, but pictures where hard to do with a box brownie seriously though when I was younger Evel Kneivel was the shit, well for me he was, I had a XT 500 single yammy enduro, and tried to copy E K stuff, I built a ramp at the edge of a river (this is fucking true too) and I decided to jump the river, I was young and balls of steel, Fearless/stupido, anyway I did a couple of runs at the ramp , and decided I was going too slow,(50-60?)to make the jump so I hauled ass (500cc hauling ass) 75mph ish and hit the ramp, Fuckin plain sailing till I hit the end of the ramp, when it all collapsed, and I did prolly a third of the river 40 foot out of maybe 130 foot wide.

I'm older now and maybe more wiser, and possibly lack confidence to do shit, being honest about it.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha, dude you are the man! i had the best mental picture of what happen to you while i was reading your story i wish i could have been there.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 AM

down here in orlando we gets down. i got no pics at this time but here some of our talent pool...im so lucky to know these dudes..

youtube videos type in-rockstar ronnie, and scary gary
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM

I Ride: The cheater 6 tre 6

haha more commen sence then anything but guys when your learning to wheelie.. and you get scared please please please pleeeeaaasssee keep your feet on the footpegs.. stay on the bike!! cover the brake if thats how you learned to wheelie but keep ur feet on unless you wanna run after your bike as it flips down the road shattering into a million and 2 pieces =)... went riding with a newbie and didnt know it.. i started a 2nd gear clutch up and this jackass pulls one up next to me takes his feet off. ( at first it looked as if he ment to do it ) he not only 12'd his bike, it flipped at least 3 times PAST ME as im putting my wheelie down with my asshole puckered up. needless to say he totaled his bike. and come to find out he was trying his first wheelie. didnt have a clue what to do. so please!! if your learning take it somewhere you can fall and not hurt anyone but urself and cover that brake!!! and keep ur feet on.. it may save ur bike.. act like its motogp and never fuckin let go!!! you never know you may ride away instead of walk away.

-Cardo-

You're Here for a Good time,
Not a long time. - Colin Mcrae 1968-2007

2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636
*Pilot power 2ct
*Vortex gold rearsets
*Supersprox sprockets -1 +2
*Jardine slip on
*905 racing cage
http://myspace.com/x_cardo_x
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 PM

I Ride: 05' zx-10r & 06' zx-6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty13south View Post
Ya start with a sit down first. Stand up's are a little harder to start out on after you get good at a sit down it makes stand ups that much E Zer.

I guess I'm weird, because I always found stand ups easier than sit downs.

"Be kind and courteous to everyone you come in contact with but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawng2020 View Post
I guess I'm weird, because I always found stand ups easier than sit downs.
im the same way.. you dont need as much rpm to lift the wheel either..especially if you use the rear pegs or rear seat.. i wanna learn tank wheelies! agghh its killin me.. i sit on the tank and pop the clutch all the time but im scared to actually try a wheelie with it.. while i dont use the rear brake for balancing em out. i do use it if i get too far up on a wheelie.

-Cardo-

*Pilot power 2ct
*Vortex gold rearsets
*Jardine slip on
*905 racing cage
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDN JON View Post

Do you mind if I put these pics in the forum member video thing I'm working on? Here's the link to the thread about it:
https://www.zxforums.com/forums/gener...tml#post145282
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

man he rocks his standups at damn near 12:01 lol

-Cardo-

*Pilot power 2ct
*Vortex gold rearsets
*Jardine slip on
*905 racing cage
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:38 PM

I Ride: ZX6R

Here some video that I post on the video section.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiltiJZY2_Q

2007-ZX6R
---------------------------------
[email protected]
Puig smoked DBwindscreen
Rear Seat Cowl
SS LED FENDER ELIMINATOR KIT
Yosh RS-5 Slip-on
PCIII usb
Jumper Mod
K&N air filter
2ct pilot powers
10k HIDs
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 07:16 AM

I Ride: 09 zx6

that was a good vid. man.. is it wierd that when my wifes at work i sit at home all day and watch youtube videos and frequent ZXforums.. lol

09 Black ZX6R.. all stock (til I get a job or go back active duty((hopefully))

My other/wintertime ride-02 cummins with more money in it then I paid for my Bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page