The Official August ROTM Entry Thread!! <- WIN A $50 CG GIFT CARD! - ZX Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BUNZX14

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

I Ride: 2008 ZX-10R

The Official August ROTM Entry Thread!! <- WIN A $50 CG GIFT CARD!

This is the Official ROTM Entry Thread

** The contest format will be an 11 month ROTM contest. Each monthly winner from January to November will be entered into a final poll in December for everyone to choose their favorite bike for the RIDE OF THE YEAR (ROTY). **

The winner of the ROTY will win a $50 CYCLE GEAR GIFT CARD!!!

-All bikes entered must belong to a ZXFORUMS.com registered member.

-All competitors must have at least 50 posts to enter the competition. We want to ensure prizes and glory go to real members of our forum.

-You must post a picture/pictures that everyone can see. No links!

-We would like to have some info on the bike, including year, model, mods, maybe a little story about the you and the bike.

-If the bike has won a Ride of the Month contest during the current ROTY campaign then you cannot enter that bike again. If you've got a new bike done differently...alright, I'll allow it.

-The entry must be a Kawasaki.

Once the deadline has passed, I will copy the entrant's posts to the voting thread to make voting easier. Also they will be added to the ROTY Voting Thread.

As always, the voting will be done in a separate thread found HERE

GET YOUR BIKES IN - ENTER NOW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

bump for entries!!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 06:47 AM

I Ride: 2016 ZX-6R

Garage
Red face Entry: 2016 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary Edition

Since no one wants to kick it off:

2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition
Akrapovic slip-on (pictured with Scorpion until the Akrapovic arrives), Bobbins, Micro LED indicators, Tail tidy, Silver indicator bulbs, Short levers

I'd wanted a ZX since I was a kid. I went into this dealership with my step-dad and stole all their promo material and drooled over it. I went back in after passing my test for the first time in years and the owner recognised me and gave me a hard time over it (how I don't know, I don't look 10 any more). We became friends, and I hang out a lot with his son who also works there now.

I bought my first ZX-6R (599) in 2010. I bought it new and the dealer ordered a green and a white one, not knowing what I'd prefer. I wanted black, so they had to order another (sods law). A year later it was written off with so many miles the Glass' Guide didn't know what it was worth, so I was thankful for the GAP insurance. I used the insurance money to buy the white bike they originally ordered for me.

A year of loving that bike and it also got written off. I desperately wanted the green one (which was still in stock and lowered to a crazy price) but couldn't do it. I had a Mrs and needed something to tour on. I got a VFR800 because it was cheap, then swapped it for a Sprint ST (cheap, carried luggage ) & an old CB919 (a bit of fun on the cheap) and even a Husky TE310. I still missed my Ninja.

A few months ago I got the go ahead from the Mrs for another sports bike. I rode the ZX-10R and the CBR1000RR (which I'd lusted after since I can remember). I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I test rode the 636 and when the Mrs asked how it was, I just smiled and said "amazing". We bought it there and then.

I haven't wiped the smirk off my face since.

2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition
Akrapovic slip-on (pictured with Scorpion until the Akrapovic arrives), Bobbins, Micro LED indicators, Tail tidy, Silver indicator bulbs, Short levers

I'd wanted a ZX since I was a kid. I went into this dealership with my step-dad and stole all their promo material and drooled over it. I went back in after passing my test for the first time in years and the owner recognised me and gave me a hard time over it (how I don't know, I don't look 10 any more). We became friends, and I hang out a lot with his son who also works there now.

I bought my first ZX-6R (599) in 2010. I bought it new and the dealer ordered a green and a white one, not knowing what I'd prefer. I wanted black, so they had to order another (sods law). A year later it was written off with so many miles the Glass' Guide didn't know what it was worth, so I was thankful for the GAP insurance. I used the insurance money to buy the white bike they originally ordered for me.

A year of loving that bike and it also got written off. I desperately wanted the green one (which was still in stock and lowered to a crazy price) but couldn't do it. I had a Mrs and needed something to tour on. I got a VFR800 because it was cheap, then swapped it for a Sprint ST (cheap, carried luggage ) & an old CB919 (a bit of fun on the cheap) and even a Husky TE310. I still missed my Ninja.

A few months ago I got the go ahead from the Mrs for another sports bike. I rode the ZX-10R and the CBR1000RR (which I'd lusted after since I can remember). I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I test rode the 636 and when the Mrs asked how it was, I just smiled and said "amazing". We bought it there and then.

I haven't wiped the smirk off my face since.

Edit: Added additional photos, now with Akrapovic installed

Matt
2016 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
Akrapovic slip-on, ASV Shorty Levers, Radiator Grille, Bobbins, Micro LED Indicators, R&G Tail Tidy, Silver Indicator Bulbs

Last edited by houltmac; 08-12-2016 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Additional photos

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

houltmac's 2016 ZX-6R 636 30th Anniversary Edition has been added to the poll!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:10 AM

I Ride: 96' Yamaha YZF-600R, 00' Honda VTR1000F, 15' Kawasaki ZX-14R SE

Garage
Where are all the awesome bikes for this months contest?

My first street bike was a '96 Yamaha YZF600R and it was lots of fun! That lasted about a year but I craved more power so I traded up to the '00 Honda VTR1000F which was a twin, way different and also lots of fun. So I got the itch again, but window shopped and test rode the ZX-14R and totally fell for her. Two years went by until they released the paint scheme I just couldn't say no to, and here we are!

So the first year went very well, my first NEW bike, and it's sitting at 10,850 km's, which for me is a great first year!! Even did my first drag racing session which was a blast at 134 MPH fully stock, can't wait to see what she does now that she's uncorked, man what a difference that makes!

So the mods so far,

Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen
Hindle Black stainless Evolution slip ons and mid pipes
Yoshi fender eliminator with integrated LED
Puig frame sliders
New rubbers Bridgestone Battalax S21 Hypersports

Alright well, hopefully she gets lots of votes! :-)

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

Dunners 2015 ZX-14R has been added to the poll!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 07:43 PM

2013 zx14r

Been a Harley rider all my life but always had an itch to ride a sport bike , loved the old zx11 when I 1st seen one , so when I seen this white ZX14R I knew I had to go for it , added risers, lowered the pegs, double bubble screen, im 6'6. had the ecu reflashed bye Cblast and then added a full Brocks exhaust, she put down 212hp and I've been smiling ever since, what an awesome machine..
Dunner likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

BUNZX14'S 2013 ZX-14R has been added to the poll!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 12:43 PM

I Ride: 96' Yamaha YZF-600R, 00' Honda VTR1000F, 15' Kawasaki ZX-14R SE

Garage
Oh boy it's on! Weeeeee
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Leaders

Bump for more entries!!! Last day for entries!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page