Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Headlights won't work.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Astrav6 
#1 ·
Hello! I usually creep these forums when I need help and find what I'm looking for but this time I can't find any answers.
I have a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r. My issue is my headlights.
I've changed the bulbs. I've changed every single fuse on the bike. I've used one of those tester things to find out if there is power coming from the battery and there is, but when I plug the light in it still doesn't light up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm thinking it needs a relay? But I don't know, I'm not great with this stuff but so far I've rebuilt this bike from Salvaged and it's the last thing I have to do. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I don’t know about that specific bike, but is your bike running when you’re doing these tests? I know a lot of Kawi headlights don’t turn on until the bike is running...or at least the starter has cranked a few times. You may already know this, but thought I’d throw it out there.

#3 ·
Yes, I've tried both bike started and not started ect. I think I'm missing the actual relay that goes under the seat. I don't know anyone that has a Ninja to compare what's under the seat for relays but I know for a fact something is missing under there. I tried to post a pic but my uploads keep failing.

#5 ·
The relay is part of the main little black box that sits around the top of the battery. Has three plugs on it. You can indo the plugs and then jump the wire out to prove it's that at fault. I'm not home till the weekend so can't tell you what colours or pins they are till then

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.