New guy from Sweden - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

New guy from Sweden

So, The circle closes.
Many moons ago I bought my first big bike. It was a 1989 ZXR750 H1.
That bike really lit my fire and from there I began racing and upgrading in machinery. My last bike before putting my helmet on the shelf (for quite some years) was a 1996 ZX7RR which was the bike I competed with in the last season of my active racing career.
In 2011 I could not resist the urge any more so I pulled the trigger on one of my dream bikes from my younger years, a Honda SP1. It was not at all as good as I had hoped so I sold it and bought my first Yamaha, an old 2006 R1 which was a step up from the SP1 but still not my kind of bike. That was sold and a mint condition, black and gold R1 2009 was bought. A few months later a guy in the village I live convinced me to buy his R6 to do track days. Six months later I had sold my street going R1 and decided to go all in on racing again.
Next up was a 2008 R6 but by the end of that season I had enough of 600cc bikes and went to buy a fully race build 2009 R1 and what a fantastic machine. I was faster than ever on that bike and had a great time.
Then a guy convinced be to buy an S1000RR which turned out to be a massive mistake. A 2012 S1000RR was bought and built to race trim but I never got along with the bike. It ended in September 2016 with a broken spine, hip and the pelvis demolished in 6 places.
So I went back and bought a 2016 R1 which again was built to race trim. Season of 2017 I did not have a good feeling at all so I decide to take a step back and buy something old and cheap.
I went to the UK to pick up an old CBR1000RR which turned out to be an ex Isle of Mann bike. I rode it about half the season and then a guy went up to me and wanted to trade his 2012 ZX10R against my 2012 CBR1000RR.
I was back to Kawasaki where I started it all and my smile came back. The distinct characteristics of the Kawis made ma laugh during racing and I could not wait to go back out after every race day.
Last winter I bought a 2018 ZX10R which was fully converted to a Superbike. That has been my race bike this season and will be next season as well.
Not then, Last Monday I bought a 1996 ZX7R. I bought it cheap from an impound for $500 and I would say it is in a rather bad state.
But it will be my winter project and net season I hope to run it in the Classic Superbike series. That is if I can find the parts I would like.
If not I will build it into a track bike and sell it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 PM

I Ride: ZX14-R: Former bikes --> 2001 929RR, '04, '06 & '08 1000RR and '08 GSXR 1000

Welcome to the forum. Wow man broken spine? lucky to be alive and walking with having to sustained such an injury. Like all the bike you'd mentioned all of them even the beemer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 2014, April 2015 & August 2017
Ride of the Month Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page