LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Kawasaki ZXR750H1 1989 (New Zealand)

Very nice (not mine):

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...LvazPSOFmsc0c0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:42 AM

I Ride: 1990 ZX-7 H2, 1992 ZX-7R K2, 1992 ZX-7/9, 2002 Ducati 900ie Supersport, etc...

Of course it's not, hasn't been run over by a sexting sexy.... but seriously, that's fucking crazy.

The ram air box and the rest of it is amazing. Seeing as how you're couch racing for a bit, try to (assuming you can speak Kiwi) get some 411 outta this guy.

Unreal development...
19andrew59 likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron9d9 View Post
Unreal development...
Yep, the detail and design is outstanding.
Trying to track/contact the owner, I'd really like to pick his brain about a few things.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Just off the phone with the owner, he's interested in manufacturing some of the parts he's developed but (there's always a but) only if there's sufficient interest. For example, he'll do the suspension linkage for $1,000NZD if there's orders for 5 or more. Same goes for pretty much the rest, other than pricing of course.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:20 PM

I Ride: 1990 ZX-7 H2, 1992 ZX-7R K2, 1992 ZX-7/9, 2002 Ducati 900ie Supersport, etc...

That's not terrible for the linkage, not terrific either, as that's about $650 American Clams, without bearings (and I'm assuming dog bones too).

But short of yours, that is without a doubt the best and furthest developed H I can remember ever seeing done by a private party. If you feel up to it, anything else interesting from the conversation?

The airbox and fuel cell are total artworks.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That's not terrible for the linkage, not terrific either, as that's about $650 American Clams, without bearings (and I'm assuming dog bones too).
Yes, I thought it was reasonable given the amount of work that's gone into it.
It's apparently exactly the same as the factory linkage from the day as he somehow came into possession of the drawings.

Quote:
But short of yours, that is without a doubt the best and furthest developed H I can remember ever seeing done by a private party.
Thanks very much, I'll see if I can hunt up the photos of a couple of H2 track bikes I helped a mate build, there's some nice bits on those as well.
The one he's selling is the 'wet' bike, he's also got a 'dry' bike that sounds like a real weapon, 125 at the rear wheel, etc.

Quote:
anything else interesting from the conversation?
We spoke for a couple of hours, he used to wrench for a Kawasaki race team and, is a wealth of knowledge.
Discussed carb setup, exhaust configuration, cam centres, compression ratios, back torque setup/plates/springs and the like.
I'm almost feeling like I should strip the engine and start again but, probably leave that till the end of the season.

Quote:
The airbox and fuel cell are total artworks.
That they are but, he's about to start a complete overhaul of both bikes (if the 'wet' doesn't sell) and, with what he's learned from them and the Bimotas he's built/racing, he's talking about doing away with the ram air and going for a still air. He reckons that the small loss of top end horsepower is more than made up for with a more tractable mid range.
He's willing to manufacture more of them if the orders are there but, he's really busy at the moment and was saying that he probably couldn't even look at that inside 12 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page