Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Help with part numbers

759 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  I'veOnlyGot1Question 
#1 ·
Hey friends hope you're doing well!

Winter has come here in Michigan so I've started rebuilding my forks on my rescue / project bike (1985 ZX900) and have noticed some parts missing from the last time they were "rebuilt"!

I've included pictures to the parts in red, but I just can't seem to identify what the part numbers are or where to source them. GPZ Zone seems to have some good leads but nothing SOLID, plus, ordering overseas for such small parts seems asinine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those 3 pieces are all part of the fork cartridge assembly. If they are missing, you may have a big problem. Since they are part of the assembly, they are usually not available separately. Are you sure they are not there? Have you disassembled the cartridges?

#5 ·
Right, turns out they're "just washers and you don't need 'em". Or so I'm told by a local dealer. Taking them in to Tech Care here in Waterford Twp and having them professionally rebuilt. New RaceTech stanchions, fresh bushings and seals from KL, Ohlins .9 rate springs, and anti-dive delete plates. Suspension has always scared me and I've nearly rebuilt the entire bike so I think I'll have the pros do this for an affordable price. Plus, nothing like having a bike's suspension set-up for you, eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.