Rattle sound - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Rattle sound

Hey guys I picked up an 04 zx10r a while ago but it seems to have developed a rattling sound. It's not a whistle like sound as in a bad stator I recently checked the valve clearance on it and they where all good only had to change 2 shims. The rattle isn't noticeable when it's idling in neutral but if it's on the kickstand it is. As soon as I throw the clutch in the rattle becomes very noticeable, if im stopped idling with the clutch in the higher gear I shift it into the less severe the rattle sound gets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:57 PM

I'm not 100% but sound's like the synchronizers. If your at idle and with out the clutch pulled in do you hear it? And you say when your in higher gear at idle and then down shift to lower gear it not that bad? If so then when your in higher gear the synchronizers are already lined up but when you have to pull in the clutch they have to reline them self. Like I said not 100% but that's what it sounds like to me. And by the way I'm new here and if I stepped on any ones toesfor say I g something I apologize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page