1993 zx6e problems - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

1993 zx6e problems

Ok so my bike has been at the shop now for a little over 2 months the have cleans rebuilt and synced the carbs multiple times. They can get the bike to run fine above 2200 rpms it will not idle any lower then that without stalling out immediately. They tel me for some reason the high speed jets are working fine but the getting no fuel from the pilot jets. They checked the intake tubes for cracks and there good replaced all the vacuum lines all the fuel lines. What are we missing this is getting a bit old I’d love to ride this thing but I’m running out of funds to keep throwing at it. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM

I Ride: 1996 ZX7R, 1996 ZX7RR (track)

Two months at a shop is ridiculous. To remove, properly clean, set up and reinstall is about 4 hours work. A lot of shops and mechanics do not like/want to work on older bikes. I have made a nice side business of working on older machines that shops refuse to work on. They are correct in the problem being the pilot circuit but it sounds like they were not properly cleaned. All the internal parts need to be removed and every passage needs to be thoroughly cleaned in order for the carbs to function correctly. Then all parts need to be inspected, cleaned and if nevessary, replaced. All o-rings on the pilot screws should be replaced, floats, float valves and seats need to be inspected and possibly replaced and the everything correctly reset to factory settings. Sync and test, tweak settings if required and back riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page