Carburetor synchronization/synchronisation - 45 minute Do-It-Yourself - Page 3 - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Presidenté of Whoring

I Ride: 2002 ZX9R

Garage
Re: Carburetor synchronization/synchronisation - 45 minute Do-It-Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1111 View Post
There are nipples on each of the float chambers.
Aaaaaand those are drains.

I found this picture, so I believe I have found the right ports, but I'm just not sure how I can get all 4 synced at the same time.. I guess I could borrow the nipple off of 4, do 1 & 2, switch them over to 3&4, then use 2&3 to do all 4 carbs. If that's the case then I should have just bought the damn manometer with two Guages and saved myself some money

Presidenté of Whoring
Sir Serious Zip-Tie Lovin, Pizza Thuggin, Blue Wafflin, ZX-9 Thrashin Post Whore Of ZXF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92K1500 View Post
You win Lee.

I can't even form a response to that.
PM ME if your computer sucks!!!!!! (click here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Presidenté of Whoring

Garage

Re-read that thread again. My problem is that there are no vacuum nipples on 2 & 3. I will see if I can locate some at the hardware store tomorrow to keep from having to switch them around two extra times as mentioned. My manometer didn't come with any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-CON View Post
Sync'd up the carbs yesterday and I got that "being pulled by a freight train" feeling back during acceleration. Here's a lil custom plumbing I did to accomodate my setup. I installed vacuum nozzles on carbs 2 & 3 (1 & 4 were connected to the KLEEN plumbing) so all four carbs have them to make my life easier without swapping nuts and nozzles all the time. That said, I needed to block-off said nozzles and rigged up this fine piece of engineering awe: (3/16" hose and T's)

and installed:

took it for a short test ride and this lil piggy cried "WE-WE-WEEEEE" all the way 'round atlanta

Presidenté of Whoring
Sir Serious Zip-Tie Lovin, Pizza Thuggin, Blue Wafflin, ZX-9 Thrashin Post Whore Of ZXF

Quote:
You win Lee.

Last edited by LeeCig; 03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 00 ZX-9r Lime Green 02 ZX-9r Lime Green, California E1 & F1 models, respectively

Quote:
There are nipples on each of the float chambers.
First time?

If the bike is OEM and unmodified, typically you'll find the vacuum nipples as said, beneath each intake port. You can kind of tell that's where my CarbTune Pro 4 lines are connected to.

On modified bikes or perhaps 49-state (no CA emissions equipment) bikes, there will be a blank bolts, which doesn't really matter, because the CarbTune Pro 4 comes with 4 x 6mm plastic nipples that can be used temporarily.

CVK or CVR, same procedure, with the exception that CVR 9Rs can be synchronized with their airbox on. CVK I've don't this procedure enough times on both bikes, that having the brass OEM nipples and all the OEM vacuum plumbing attached greatly simplifies the overall process.

Alright! Trading bikes for a while was fun.I'm ready for mine back. No, seriously, get off my bike. Ahh, what a privilege it is to have such a sweet ride.
At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. She's the only big-bore canyon carving hypermiler I know of. -- Picture gallery, K&N air filter, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG touring shield, & otherwise stock.
Science & OODA literate. ACA covered.

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 00 ZX-9r Lime Green 02 ZX-9r Lime Green, California E1 & F1 models, respectively

Quote:
Re-read that thread again. My problem is that there are no vacuum nipples on 2 & 3. I will see if I can locate some at the hardware store tomorrow to keep from having to switch them around two extra times as mentioned. My manometer didn't come with any.
Others have been unsuccessful looking there, but you might get lucky. I'd look in the plumbing and irrigation isles for something in the 6mm ID range; you want the nipple to seal. You may be able to thread in a drip irrigation coupler or even a slow drip unit:

Alright! Trading bikes for a while was fun.I'm ready for mine back. No, seriously, get off my bike. Ahh, what a privilege it is to have such a sweet ride.
At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. She's the only big-bore canyon carving hypermiler I know of. -- Picture gallery, K&N air filter, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG touring shield, & otherwise stock.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Presidenté of Whoring

Garage

Yea it was my first time. I had already spent more time than I needed to when I went looking for answers. This resulted in a couple of rage posts This morning I just went out there bit the bullet and borrowed the nipples for each pair of carbs I was on. Kept dropping it on the #2 carb.......... This resulted in having to remove the bottom coolant hose to retrieve it. By the time I got to the 3 & 4,I just removed the coolant hose by 3 because I couldn't be bothered with it. Also discovered that since I was only using two of the hoses that came with my needle style manometer, I could use one over the nipple as I was trying to get it screwed in to keep from dropping it as much.

Thanks for this thread e1. It finally led me to my answers. Also saw the same post on Kawiforums I believe. I was about to let you know you'd been plagiarized, then I realized it was you with a different screen name

Presidenté of Whoring

Quote:
You win Lee.

post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
... Also saw the same post on Kawiforums I believe. I was about to let you know you'd been plagiarized, then I realized it was you with a different screen name
??? I haven't been active over there for years and if there's a thread with my bike's pics, that ain't me.

Hope they plagiarized well enough to come to the same conclusions.

BTW, place a shop rag under your carbs to catch things you drop.

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 AM
Presidenté of Whoring

Garage

No pics or anything, just this exact OP word for word, and the location was the same so I figured it was you. Yes the dates were only a few days difference

Presidenté of Whoring

Quote:
You win Lee.

post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Carbtune Pro 4 carb sync cold start - 2002 ZX-9R F1

Sorry, no big sound, revving or any of that.

This is an example of a cold start on my F1 and how mine idles after having its throttle bodies synchronized. Engine takes a solid couple of minutes to break the 104° F mark.

And a similar video from 2011, except the E1 is already warm.

For a fun science experiment, if you have a 2.1 or 5.1 sound system (with a subwoofer), invite your family pet in while you play each video. I'm curious to how they will react.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page