after market ignition switch and gray wire - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 99 zx7r

after market ignition switch and gray wire

OK: i have a 99 zx750p i put a new aftermarket ignition switch on and everything works except the ignition isn't getting spark, what i found out was its the gray wire,only because i hookup the old ignition only the white wire and the gray it runs , i checked it to see how many volts were going threw it and i think it is around 12 volts,what gives this doesn't make sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 PM
57x

I Ride: 2018 H2 SX SE, 2005 Z750S, ZX7R Superbikes

I have had a couple of these Chinese knockoff ignition. When they copied it they left the 100 ohm resistor off the grey wire. On a couple I just swapped the board and wires from my old as all I needed was a new cylinder. The other one I cut the grey wire and put a 100 ohm wire inline and covered with shrink tube after soldering.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

ignition

Thank you i hope this works,ill try it tomorrow.for any one that reads this i found a site that has wiring diagrams if anyone needs them. send me a message and ill send you the site,ill post it on this site later im alittle busy building a room for my house right now.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

hey thanks

that worked perfect.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 PM
57x

I Ride: 2018 H2 SX SE, 2005 Z750S, ZX7R Superbikes

Great!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:02 PM

I Ride: Kawasaki Ninja zx7r

I am also having a bit of trouble

I think I may be on the same frontlines with this battle. I just got my bike back from the shop, and leaving the shop, about a block from my house the bike completely dies on me, as in the dash dies out, no oil or neutral lights. Lucky, I got it home and lifted up the seat and checked the Junction box and the IG fuse was blown, replaced the fuse two more times with same result. The first time I called up my mech. and he believes it the ignition switch is bad due to finding two wires burnt up coming from the Ig switch. (which he cut out and bridged back) I Love to know what you guy think, if the resistor in the IG switch was to go bad would it cause the ignition fuse to keep being blown as I try to start the bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page