Highway Pegs - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: Concours 1400

Question Highway Pegs

Hello all. I'm new to this forum. In a few months I am looking to buy a super sport to replace my old cruiser. Having ridden a cruiser for all these years, there is one thing I know I'm going to want more than anything else on a new bike, highway pegs. I find that it helps me a lot to be able to move my feet from one place to another.

Has anyone heard of any highway pegs to be had for the GTR 1400?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM

I Ride: 1400GTR (was Concours 14)

Similar to the tip over protection, I don't think that anyone has figured out where to attach them.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 PM

I Ride: '97 YZF 600R, 2008 Concours 14 ABS

Haven't seen anything yet.

"Faster! Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -Hunter S. Thompson

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM

Wrong bike for "Highway Pegs"! You'll have your legs blown off. Try an Adventure Tourer for that type of equipment.

G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnso View Post
Hello all. I'm new to this forum. In a few months I am looking to buy a super sport to replace my old cruiser. Having ridden a cruiser for all these years, there is one thing I know I'm going to want more than anything else on a new bike, highway pegs. I find that it helps me a lot to be able to move my feet from one place to another.

Has anyone heard of any highway pegs to be had for the GTR 1400?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Highway Pegs

The FJR riders found a way to mount them and I was hoping that some of the Concours 1400 riders had as well.

In Texas, whilst we do have an occasional turn or two, from time-to-time, it's mostly flat country and long straight roads. We tend to measure distance in hours when traveling. The hill country is a good 3-4 hours from here. At least 90% of the time I'll be making miles on straight flat highways. Yes, long and boring ridding when compared to some of the highways most of you are likely ride every day. The speed limit (+20) is the normal flow of traffic around here.

There will be little or no opportunity to hang off the bike or knee drag around sweeping curves in most rides in this area. The rare half mile at over 100 mph will be the extent of the thrill outside of annual trips into the Ozark Mountains and the like.

When ridding for a 400+ miles on mostly flat divided highways, it is important to be able to shift your feet to different positions. This helps to relax your back, hips and knees.

I guess I want a really fast bike that is comfortable on the long run as well as exciting on the rare curvy road that I might run into. I think the Concours 1400 certainly has the potential to be that motorcycle. It needs a top box with a backrest for my wife, drop the passenger foot pegs for her long legs and highway pegs for my comfort on the long hauls. I know this is a big wish list. I've already found some of these done to the Concours 1400 here.

We just got back off a 1,100+ mile ride with a bunch of friends. I haven't gotten the pictures off the camera yet (work ). But here is the write up http://www.foggriders.com/Rides/Eureka07/Eureka07.htm

Last edited by djohnso; 09-28-2007 at 05:27 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Welcme to the site djohnso. You're right in my neck of the woods.

As far as I know, there haven't been any highway pegs engineered for the C-14. I'm sure it will happen with time. Farkles are slowly rolling in, but with a bike this new it definitely takes patience. All I can tell you is that this is an incredible bike. I really don't see how anyone could be disappointed.

--Kory--

2008 Kawasaki C-14

2003 Kawasaki ZZR1200
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM

Too many times guys see a bike that turns them on, except for this or that. So many people have bought V Stroms only to be dissapointed by what it is not, or what it does not do. Many bike are good at something and not at others. As good as it is, the Connie14 just is not a "highway Bar" kind of bike. Sorry to be so blunt. I just hate to see someone dissapointed with a design purpose of any bike. I have seen so many people bike a naked bike and hang a barn door on it. I say buy a barn door with a motor and wheels(GoldWing). I am a purist when it comes to design and purpose. "Can't make a silk purse from a sows ear" comes to mind. Again, sorry. I hope you find something that meets your needs. No flames, please! Just my humble opinion.

Oh, the Connie 14 is a blast!

G2

Quote:
The FJR riders found a way to mount them and I was hoping that some of the Concours 1400 riders had as well.

In Texas, whilst we do have an occasional turn or two, from time-to-time, it's mostly flat country and long straight roads. We tend to measure distance in hours when traveling. The hill country is a good 3-4 hours from here. At least 90% of the time I'll be making miles on straight flat highways. Yes, long and boring ridding when compared to some of the highways most of you are likely ride every day. The speed limit (+20) is the normal flow of traffic around here.

There will be little or no opportunity to hang off the bike or knee drag around sweeping curves in most rides in this area. The rare half mile at over 100 mph will be the extent of the thrill outside of annual trips into the Ozark Mountains and the like.

When ridding for a 400+ miles on mostly flat divided highways, it is important to be able to shift your feet to different positions. This helps to relax your back, hips and knees.

I guess I want a really fast bike that is comfortable on the long run as well as exciting on the rare curvy road that I might run into. I think the Concours 1400 certainly has the potential to be that motorcycle. It needs a top box with a backrest for my wife, drop the passenger foot pegs for her long legs and highway pegs for my comfort on the long hauls. I know this is a big wish list. I've already found some of these done to the Concours 1400 here.

We just got back off a 1,100+ mile ride with a bunch of friends. I haven't gotten the pictures off the camera yet (work ). But here is the write up http://www.foggriders.com/Rides/Eureka07/Eureka07.htm
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

GT,
I understand what you mean by being a purist. If I could have three or more bikes or just had one specific use for a bike, then I am sure I too might consider my self a purist. However, the truth is, like many folks, I'm buying just one bike to do many things on (commute to work, monthly group rides and semiannual out-of-state touring, etc.). About the only thing this bike will not be doing is riding off the pavement.

I believe that the Concourse 14 can do all these things and do them well. It can provide comfort for it’s driver and passenger (highway pegs, throttle lock, lots of storage/bags, wind protection, music, GPS, reasonable heat management, etc.) plus so much more. It has the performance to run with just about anyone anywhere at any time.

I will not be hanging a barn door on my new bike. But, if I find something that makes it more practical or efficient (louder pipes, highway pegs, accent lights) in meeting my needs for comfort or safety, then I will consider them and as I can afford them, they’ll get added.

When I'm riding it's all about me and my comfort, Not, keeping the motorcycle in it's pure state. In fact that's one thing that is got me set on the Concourse 14; It's different (not like all the Harley's you see).
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 PM

Ok, just send us the pics when your done :)

Quote:
GT,
I understand what you mean by being a purist. If I could have three or more bikes or just had one specific use for a bike, then I am sure I too might consider my self a purist. However, the truth is, like many folks, I'm buying just one bike to do many things on (commute to work, monthly group rides and semiannual out-of-state touring, etc.). About the only thing this bike will not be doing is riding off the pavement.

I believe that the Concourse 14 can do all these things and do them well. It can provide comfort for it’s driver and passenger (highway pegs, throttle lock, lots of storage/bags, wind protection, music, GPS, reasonable heat management, etc.) plus so much more. It has the performance to run with just about anyone anywhere at any time.

I will not be hanging a barn door on my new bike. But, if I find something that makes it more practical or efficient (louder pipes, highway pegs, accent lights) in meeting my needs for comfort or safety, then I will consider them and as I can afford them, they’ll get added.

When I'm riding it's all about me and my comfort, Not, keeping the motorcycle in it's pure state. In fact that's one thing that is got me set on the Concourse 14; It's different (not like all the Harley's you see).
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm with ya here on this issue. I just got back from a 7000 miles 12 day trip to Oregon. One thing I'll want on the new C14 is a way to stretch my legs out if just for afew minutes.

The Fudger (FJR) has points to attach frame sliders. The Concours must have as well. As soon As I figure it out I wll improvise something and post the results back here.

I've done a couple short trips on my ZRX1200R (1000 to 1200 miles) and on that bike I just dropped my heels over the frame sliders to stretch out. Hopefully the Concours will have simlar points to attach.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:35 PM

just finished 3625 miles trip on my zrx1200r last month
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr14greg View Post
... As good as it is, the Connie14 just is not a "highway Bar" kind of bike. Sorry to be so blunt.

G2
Well said....by the way...anyone come up with a spot for a cup holder yet
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Question

OK. It's been two months since I originally posted the question about highway pegs on the C14. At the risk of being flamed again, I'll ask again, has anyone seen any highway pegs on a C14 yet?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 AM

I use my crash cage/frame sliders(depending which bike im on) as highway pegs lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page