Concours 1400 Saddle Bags - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

I Ride: Concours14 2008

Concours 1400 Saddle Bags

I have a 2008 Concours 1400 and the other day I have lost the side saddlebag, who knows where....never felt a thing, just arrived without it! There is nothing available on Ebay, so I'm looking at replacing with a new type of bag, mainly because it is the cheaper option, compared to replacing with original. I have been looking at Givi's but wondered if anyone has any experience of fitting new hard side luggage? Any comments would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

I've never heard of putting aftermarket bags on a C-14. Since they come with bags from the factory, it's doubtful anyone makes a mounting system that would suit the C.

I HAVE heard of factory C-14 bags coming off unexpectedly. I think the factory mounting system was modified in '09 to prevent this from happening. Don't know if there's any relief through KHI for this screwed up design, but I think buying one factory bag would be cheaper than a set of Givis + mounting hardware which can run upwards of $1000 USD.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
I've never heard of putting aftermarket bags on a C-14. Since they come with bags from the factory, it's doubtful anyone makes a mounting system that would suit the C.

I HAVE heard of factory C-14 bags coming off unexpectedly. I think the factory mounting system was modified in '09 to prevent this from happening. Don't know if there's any relief through KHI for this screwed up design, but I think buying one factory bag would be cheaper than a set of Givis + mounting hardware which can run upwards of $1000 USD.
Thanks for the comment! Yes I had heard about the bags coming off, and about the modification, and I did in fact take the bike in for the recall for this, and I assume it was completed, so how the bag came off is a mystery, and without the bag I have no evidence. I am living and working in the Middle East but I will do as you suggest and see if I can get a replacement bag from one of the overseas agents. I have tried one agent so far, who has said they can no longer supply for the bike, but I'm sure someone must. Regards.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 04:26 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-Kawasaki-...#ht_500wt_1054

You didn't say right or left, but this guy listed this one as being for the 1000. Since those weren't made in '08 and it looks exactly like a C-14 bag.....

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-Kawasaki-...#ht_500wt_1054

You didn't say right or left, but this guy listed this one as being for the 1000. Since those weren't made in '08 and it looks exactly like a C-14 bag.....
Thanks! I am in the process of contacting the person who has the bag to find out if the bag has all the bits, including a way of unlocking the bag, once installed. Regards
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 04:54 AM

I Ride: Kawasaki 1400GTR

So did I. I had my first accident with my concours 14 (1400GTR called here in Belgium) on July, 4th, 2013. It can sound 'rare' but it was a very interesting accident: The Volkswagen Golf (GTI or TDI?) stood still on the right side, and I waited while I was in his dead angle. Then I wanted to pass, presuming the car would stay there, but it saw other cars upcoming from the other side and accelerated turning over the street with full trottle. I saw everything happening so I could see how my mirror and bars crashed in his frontdoor (his left side, here that's the drivers side), and my rear bag in his back door. The bike did not move so I finally jumped of it, and let i go alone. My rear left bag has been crushed a little bit, so I need a new one. Same problem as you, I do not find any bags in 2nd hand here. However I would like it now to mix the colours of the bags: I have the 2010 blue model, so a green right bag and eg. a black left bag in extra would show nice and everyone would recoginize me from that moment on? Any suggestions?

I love this bike more than ever since this accident...

Use google/translate to translate some of my websites I sometimes refer to (http://logocom.be/moto/1400gtr)

When I step backwards, it's because I am preparing to jump.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM

I Ride: 1400 GTR (2009)

My RHS pannier on the 1400 GTR has detached unexpectedly twice, the second time without a trace. I'm awaiting a second hand one from eBay to arrive soon but new they cost £830 ! I think there is a fault with the fixing system. Has anyone heard the Kawasaki official line on this ? I'd love to know. If they come off and cause an accident, the rider would be liable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page