Bike v. semi truck crash.... - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: '06 ZX 10R

Bike v. semi truck crash....

Pretty gruesome! The story is the bike rider was doing 120+ on the interstate and ran right into the back of a semi trailer.

Absolutely horrible....remember people....don't ride stupid....ride safe and defensively.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I Ride: 07 Ebony SE

Old.

Repost: https://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4298

Officer:*Knocks on window*
Me:*Rolls down window*Yes officer may I help you?
Officer:I've been waiting all day for you.
Me:Well I got here as fast as I could.
Officer:*Laughs IntenselyI'ma let you off with a warning. It better not happen again, good day.
Me: Good day to you officer.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 AM

I Ride: 1992 zx-7

and yet i am still nauseous

S.S. D&D with carbon fiber can, Stage 1 jet kit, ignition advancer, -1 in rear, K&N air filter, smoke SR series windscreen, lowering kit
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM

I Ride: 2006 ZX636R

I don't wanna say he's lucky he didn't blow up, because the gentlemen passed away anyways. But, looking at the gas tank, his gas cap is totally ripped off, that's crazy. How does that happen? Does anybody know where this happened? The truck has Oregon plates. That is horrible to see.

LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:39 PM

I Ride: 07' ZX-14, 93' FJ1200 and your Mama

See two posts up "AJTMEX" gave the" http "for the original post that has more pics like( ya need more )but it has the story too.

Moral of the story the chances you take are your own unless you take somebody with you that didn't have a chioce. just try to put as many odds in your favor as you can Hit the track if you can but I guess don't do it at night pick an open road no traffic etc. etc. take the chances of involving the innocent out of your fun.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: '06 ZX 10R

sorry didnt realize it was a repost
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 12:52 AM

I Ride: 97 ZX7R 07 CBR1000RR

I first saw these pics a few months back on another forum somewhere else. Its definitely sumthin to make ya think twice about how we ride. I saw pics of another wreck that was much worse than this. A guy was going so fast he literally went THRU a taco bell. The pics showed where the bike entered the building thru the front window and what was left of it when it landed in the kitchen, it was so mangled I couldnt tell what it was but I think someone said it was a gsxr 1000. There was a hole in the back wall where the guys body went thru it and landed in the parking lot on the other side. Not to make a joke but it looked like the old wiley coyote cartoons where he would go thru a wall and leave a hole shaped like a body. It was really graphic and gruesome. It even showed a pic where they found one of his feet in the ceiling. Apparently from the report the guy had just had big argument with his girlfriend and left pissed off, and the taco bell was in the middle of a really sharp turn and he was going insanely fast and never even made the turn. It happened somewhere in south Louisiana. I went back to try to find it but the post and pics had been deleted at family members request.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:55 AM

I Ride: 97 ZX9R, 96 Honda CR125

I've attended scenes like this as part of my job. They're no fun. One accident in particular a guy riding a Hayabusa (I couldn't even recognize the bike for a start) had T-boned a car doing a U turn in front of him. I believe his speed before impact was estimated around 174km/hr.

The car, which was a small japanese 4 door, was torn in two just behind the drivers door. The rider had his left arm ripped off and his head was turned completely around. I'd rather not describe the rest of his body. Images from that day and other accidents I've attended still reel through my head at times so I never forget what I have seen. Ride safe & take care out there everyone
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:09 AM

I Ride: Diablo Black 07 ZX-14

hey Chris, I know it's wrong but I laughed out loud at the wiley coyote reference...just to show the point, when u are on the saddle, your mind has to be on it and nothing else. The only time I laid down my bike was because girl issues were taking most of the empty space in my head and I wasn't paying enough attention; lucky for me I walked out of it with 0 injuries, but a broken oil pan, left mirror, left peg, stator cover, bent clutch and a 500$ bill of repair. Oh, also a hurt pride hehehe.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 AM

I Ride: Diablo Black 07 ZX-14

btw, is that an 04 636? this was posted some time ago.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 AM

I Ride: 07 Ebony SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailer View Post
I've attended scenes like this as part of my job. They're no fun. One accident in particular a guy riding a Hayabusa (I couldn't even recognize the bike for a start) had T-boned a car doing a U turn in front of him. I believe his speed before impact was estimated around 174km/hr.
That almost happened to me. There is this straight road from my house leading into the neighborhood. I was going to take my bike into town for a while and I normally go a little faster than in a car. Well... My mom insisted I take the truck and at first I was rebellious but then I finally decided to. Well I had slowed down to about 40mph(speed limit) and was entering the neighborhood when this idiot chiq pulled to the side, supposedly she pulled on the wrong side because her friends house was on the other side of the street. I figured(just like anyone) she'll wait there and I'll pass. Well I was getting there and almost right before I pass she pulls out in front of me trying to make an U-turn. I slammed on the brakes and came within atleat a foot of her door. I'll never forget the look on her face. That look hit me right here --> <3.

Now if I had been on my bike, I probably would be in the hospital. I probably would've either flipped my bike, skidded and slid under her car, or something else. That really went to show me how some of the little decisions we make in like that are so small can decide whether we live or die and really effect our entirety.

Officer:*Knocks on window*
Me:*Rolls down window*Yes officer may I help you?
Officer:I've been waiting all day for you.
Me:Well I got here as fast as I could.
Officer:*Laughs IntenselyI'ma let you off with a warning. It better not happen again, good day.
Me: Good day to you officer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page