Tennessee Highway Patrol Show of Force - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Tennessee Highway Patrol Show of Force

For the past month the THP has been patroling US421 "the snake" and Deals Gap "Tail of the Dragon" with intent to stop all motorcycle riding in these areas. There were 7 LEO's on 421 last saturday and they are harassing motorcyclist bad..The dragon is even worse with 14 LEO's giving tickets for everthing imaginable. This is just a heads up if anyone was planning on riding to our not so motorcycle friendly state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 PM

assholes! everyone knows they're taking a risk when they ride, don't need the law to interfere with our freedoms! they're all ready so limited!!!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 12:03 PM

The local business' are complaining the THP is scaring away all their buisness.
The government gave them a 4 million dollar grant for upgraded law enforcement (paid overtime)and road improvement (speed bumps to come)
Theres a bill floating around in TN Senate to make the Dragon a state park,with reduced speed limits to follow also.
Government hard at work.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Poopoo heads...
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 AM

Not surprising really. Sounds just like the Angeles Crest Hwy here in LA. Became much too popular, resulting in a flood of reckless squids screwing it up for everybody. Now it's a circus between the squids and the police.

We just need more racetracks and motorsports parks to be built quickly.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNinja View Post
Not surprising really. Sounds just like the Angeles Crest Hwy here in LA. Became much too popular, resulting in a flood of reckless squids screwing it up for everybody. Now it's a circus between the squids and the police.

I totally agree!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNinja View Post

Yea, i have to agree. It sucks that the law is out taking extra time to chase down bikers, but on the other hand there have been so many wrecks on that road from bikers they have to do something. I would prefer to be left alone but at the same time i understand that when one kid a day goes down on a GSXCBRZX-amacallit wearing flip flops and a tank top it will eventually get to a point were it will be patrolled regularly until the squids settle down.

Hell, im on the corner of TX, LA, and AR and just about everyone here who rides knows about Deals Gap. It has become too popular. Build us some damn tracks.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

I ride 421 in northeast TN we had 12 troopers and helicopter patroling the mountain. We aren't as well known as deals gap but just as many troopers.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 AM

I Ride: ZX6R - 08

Yep. They get like this at Mt.Glorious Queensland Australia sometimes too.
gammac
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Poopoo heads! All'uv'em!
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM

I Ride: 2001 Kawasaki ZX-11

And I thought US 421 was a fairly well kept secret. I discovered it about 10 years ago while I was in Bristol for the Nextel Cup race in August. I will be back there next weekend. There are some serious roads down there. Thanks for the heads up. Jay

Ride Fast, Drink Milk
Iron Butt Association Member No. 27215
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:40 PM

kansas city kawasaki zx11

sounds like you guys got it bad down south???? theyre trippin on two wheels that bad???? Im up here in kansas city...law enforcement doesnt give us any problems.not that that helps anybody that way,but that sad..keep your heads up that way,what comes around goes around.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:48 PM

i know im sick as hell ive got 5 tickets the last two weeks on the gap im just gonna chill for a little while i guess until it dies down, it really sux.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 05:46 PM

I Ride: 07' ZX-14, 93' FJ1200 and your Mama

Wow five tickets!! Nothing personal but how many of them did deserve and how many did you get making things worse for the rest of us who like to just ride those nice roads?? Again nothing personal but seems like a lot of people bitchin but no one saying they were ridin to fast or being just a little crazy? I take my chances now and then on the street too had to pay for it a couple times in my twenty odd years ridin on the street but if we want to ride in a way that brings us five tickets in two weeks maybe we should be on the track and not the street? And maybe we need to send a message to the squids.

Last edited by BlueBomber14; 08-15-2007 at 06:51 PM.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:01 PM

BlueBomber, I'm totolly with you. I like to carve up a good canyon, but there is that risk. Think of all those tickets we get as a sort of 'fun tax'. I've actually never had the pleasure of receiving a ticket on my bike. I've had 8 while I was in college with my truck and volvo, but never my bike. I was pulled over once, but because they thought I had stole it. They ID'd it, and kept looking...

Save your paychecks for that 'fun tax'!!!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 PM

well obviously u dont live here first off so dont asume shit out of towners think they can come down here and bust ass and show off and get people killed thats why there are so many cops now, im a local not a jackass, one was for license plate other no mirrors and front signals.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM

I Ride: 07' ZX-14, 93' FJ1200 and your Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneqwksrt View Post
well obviously u dont live here first off so dont asume shit out of towners think they can come down here and bust ass and show off and get people killed thats why there are so many cops now, im a local not a jackass, one was for license plate other no mirrors and front signals.
Nice attitude.
First off I didn't Assume I ASKED if you did, Secondly Local bad riders can ruin it just as easily as non local riders. It's been my experience that locals to an area have less respect for what they have than those who come to appreciate it from afar.third I wasn't refering to you personally about anything except ASKING about the tickets I said "seems like a lot of people are bitching". Meaning there raising hell but are they riding like hell too and are they there own worst enemy?
Sounds like a safe bike to have on the road no mirrors no signals and a bad or whatever plate? And according to your other posts the guys on the 1k's have a hard time keepin up with you on the Dragon cause "it's like a track" ? sounds like some jackass ridin to me?? But I wouldn't want to assume.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM

BlueBomber14 writes
Quote:
Nice attitude.
First off I didn't Assume I ASKED if you did, Secondly Local bad riders can ruin it just as easily as non local riders. It's been my experience that locals to an area have less respect for what they have than those who come to appreciate it from afar.third I wasn't refering to you personally about anything except ASKING about the tickets I said "seems like a lot of people are bitching". Meaning there raising hell but are they riding like hell too and are they there own worst enemy?
Sounds like a safe bike to have on the road no mirrors no signals and a bad or whatever plate? And according to your other posts the guys on the 1k's have a hard time keepin up with you on the Dragon cause "it's like a track" ? sounds like some jackass ridin to me?? But I wouldn't want to assume.

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I got a ticket last saturday on 421 for doing 39 in a 35 $143 donation or fun tax whatever you want to call it
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 PM

dude whatever im not arguing with u over this shit u dont even live here so u shouldnt even be in this conversation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page