Shred Gear ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Shred Gear ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

What kind of Safety gear do you run on the street or on road runs? I wear IIcon field armor boots and IIcon Neo-Daytona (madmaxbeondthunderdome)leather jacket w/C.E. pads, Teknic streetfighter mitts and a Nolan RoadRunner dome protector. I have never crashed in 16 years of riding(on the street) but if I do go down I want some protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 01:20 PM

I Ride: 2006 ZX-6R - Sold

Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket; Rocket Highside Leather Gloves; Shoei TZ-R Stratum Lid. Working on getting the boots next. Have come off at speed without gear - not a good experience. Wear your gear
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
TMP

I Ride: '01 ZX6R

Icon Mainframe helmet, Shift leather jacket with pads, Alpinestar gloves.... Don't have any boots yet. Been looking around but haven't decided on anything. I wear my gear on every outting.... if it's hot out I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with pads.

For God Sakes, wear the Helmet everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 02:17 PM

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R

JR speedmaster jacket, JR GPX gloves, Sidi race boots, Arai RX-7 tommy gun helmet. Pickin up some speedmaster pants this spring.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
TMP

I Ride: '01 ZX6R

Yeah, I was starting to look for some riding pants too!!!!!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM

I Ride: 06 zx 636

everytime i go out i make sure to suit up, icon super duty jacket, icon anthem pants, hjc sessions helmet, and icon super duty 2 boot. sure it takes a lil longer gettin ready but worth it i think
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM

I Ride: 2001 ZX12R

Shoei RF1000 brain bucket, First Gear leather jacket w/ most armor removed cuz its uncomfortable, Vanson riding gloves, Hein Geriche leather pants. I only wear the pants at the track. The vanson gloves are uncomfortable but I'm trying to get used to them cuz I know the mechanixwear gloves I wear will be worthless if I end up on the ground. Nice to hear you guys discussing your safety gear. I was reading the ZX12 section and guys were talking about riding in shorts and tank tops. I feel bad for them if they go down.
T

Quote from a Kaw mechanic (my dad)
"Great idea, buy your kid a ninja for his last birthday."
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi_T View Post
Shoei RF1000 brain bucket, First Gear leather jacket w/ most armor removed cuz its uncomfortable, Vanson riding gloves, Hein Geriche leather pants. I only wear the pants at the track. The vanson gloves are uncomfortable but I'm trying to get used to them cuz I know the mechanixwear gloves I wear will be worthless if I end up on the ground. Nice to hear you guys discussing your safety gear. I was reading the ZX12 section and guys were talking about riding in shorts and tank tops. I feel bad for them if they go down.
T
Sounds like a squid alert! When I see the kids do that I feel like drilling them just as a reminder, them kinda guys I can't even watch go down the road.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Dup

AGV Airtech Lid, D&D Two-piece leathers (with kneesliders, although I have never touched the tarmac with it, just guess it will give more protection, Lookwell full-race gloves and Sidi Boots.

Allways dress up full, even when hot or going for a short gentle ride.(All initial gentle rides end up in one serious ride!!)

I fully agree with Pastorrik, I get serious upset seeing guys with shorts, T-shirts, running shoes and no gloves riding around. You never know when some assh*** is going to wipe you from the road!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 AM

Two piece IXS leathers from Switzerland, Shark RSI Alien edition lid, Race tech gloves SIDI race boots. I also have a Dianese full back protector for those fast breakfast runs.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 AM

If you were supposed to wear shorts and T shirts on a bike, the bike would have a roof and doors.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM

I Ride: '93 ZX-11, '82 GPz550

I have 2 piece Dainese Leathers with all the standard body armor inserts in the elbows, forearms, knees, shins, etc. and a Dainese vest with back protector and additional impact protection for ribs / organs. Shoei helmet, Held racing gloves and Alpinestar boots.

I wouldn't leave my driveway without the Helmet, gloves, boots and jacket. I wear that if just riding in town on errands etc. I'll wear the pants and vest if I'm going for a 'ride'

Having said that of course I will admit that when I had my first bike 25 years ago I used to drive it around the block a couple times to dry my hair and give it that cool wind blown look I couldn't get with a blow dryer

Gives me the shivers sometimes when I think back to the risks I took back when I was young and immortal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page