Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

ECU Flashing

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Spdwgnn 
#1 ·
So I’m getting a slip on and k&n air filter this weekend installed in my 2019 ZX6r. I already have a FTECU tuner on it running the unrestricted tune. Question is how do I tune it for the new exhaust and filter? I don’t think it will be 100% necessary to have a tune but I think it will run a little lean and I want to smooth it all out. Do any of you know of a map I can just download and install or do I have to sit there and play with it and basically make my own map? Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Hello j.bird4

The best option it to get a wideband lambda and make some measurements during WOT pull and some mid range throttle in and out actions. Basing on those AFR result, it should not be a tricky thing to adjust your map. I would strongly recommend not to use "ready tuned map" - in most cases they're quite crappy.

BR

Kuba

#3 · (Edited)
Hello j.bird4

The best option it to get a wideband lambda and make some measurements during WOT pull and some mid range throttle in and out actions. Basing on those AFR result, it should not be a tricky thing to adjust your map. I would strongly recommend not to use "ready tuned map" - in most cases they're quite crappy.

BR

Kuba

I have never hear of a wideband lamda. I’ll have to google that one. But that you for the info.

Ok I just googled it. I see it’s a gauge. So does it go in place of the O2 sensor? Do I ride with it on? Again I’ll have to google how to use it but your seem knowledgeable. Thanks again.

#9 ·
I forgot when you talk about Woolich what product are you referring to? I was just thinking of getting something like this.

I didn’t see anything like that on woolich website. Tell me again if this is the wrong product. Sorry to keep asking so many questions. I know tuning can be as simple or as hard as you make it. I’m just trying to learn the basics.

#10 ·
That would work too. log-box-mitsubishi-zeitronix-zt-3-wideband-package.you plug in a laptop to read the data.

#12 ·
Hi. They run extra rich anyway to compensate for when people add filters and exhaust and so they dont go pop when you try push that little motor to 300kph. Unless a full race motor has been built only really the timing needs to be adjusted as the ecu reads a/f ratios and adjust accordingly within its range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.