• 1 Post By GpzRider
  • 1 Post By metalmechanic9
  • 1 Post By olajoe808
  • 1 Post By WillZX14
  • 1 Post By olajoe808

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Boot help

I am going to buy boots this weekend and I wonít your guys opinion.
My riding style is mostly commuting to work on my ZX6r. I do plan however to ride on the weekends with friends. I want a boot that will have plenty of protection and also be something that I can use in multiple situations. I do want to take my bike to the track someday. Would a full boot like
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sedici-ultimo-boots
Be rite for me? Or should I get a shoe like this
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-blaze-boots
I would like your feed back please. Im not leaning toward one brand. It really just comes down to what is right for me at a price I can afford.
Thanks yíall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:32 AM

Coincidentally, I spent more than half the day researching boots. Saw your post, my eyes lit up. Unfortunately don't have an opinion of either of the items you posted. But from what you describe can relate to the criteria you have selected. Not long ago was in the same shoes undecided that is. Took a gamble on a cheap pair of ebay MIC boots. At the time didn't know it but later realized those cheap boots were actually clones of a very popular, recommended higher end brand. Didn't use those boots much until recently. Now that I'm using it more often, had to ask myself what is it about these boots I'm suddenly connecting with that was not there before and where can I get more of it. Simple answer for me was head to the source. Until you have decided on a pair, check to see if it has a clone boot or even used boots that will allow you to get your feet wet so to speak without the risk of getting completely soaked. As an alternative in the meantime, consider a set of military boots. Although have never used them on a track where there probably not allowed it checked all the other boxes for me for many miles. In all weather, all road conditions and without having to break the bank style be damned.
j.bird4 likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
Coincidentally, I spent more than half the day researching boots. Saw your post, my eyes lit up. Unfortunately don't have an opinion of either of the items you posted. But from what you describe can relate to the criteria you have selected. Not long ago was in the same shoes undecided that is. Took a gamble on a cheap pair of ebay MIC boots. At the time didn't know it but later realized those cheap boots were actually clones of a very popular, recommended higher end brand. Didn't use those boots much until recently. Now that I'm using it more often, had to ask myself what is it about these boots I'm suddenly connecting with that was not there before and where can I get more of it. Simple answer for me was head to the source. Until you have decided on a pair, check to see if it has a clone boot or even used boots that will allow you to get your feet wet so to speak without the risk of getting completely soaked. As an alternative in the meantime, consider a set of military boots. Although have never used them on a track where there probably not allowed it checked all the other boxes for me for many miles. In all weather, all road conditions and without having to break the bank style be damned.

Funny you should say military style boots. Right not that is what I am wearing. Only by default because I am in the Navy. The boots are great but they are lacking in ankle support. And to be frank with you I donít wanna wear my work boots on the weekend on a ride. This is why Iím leaning to get new boots. Iím going to keep my work boots in my locker at work and wear proper riding boots back and forth to work. Not that I have to ride far only I put a 15 min drive but I do want that protection.
I have looked into used ones and I have found great pairs but it is a safety item and I feel more comfortable buying new. I know what you are saying about getting a clone. I donít want to go that way.
Really I just want an opinion about getting a short boot/ shoe or do I get a full length race boot? That is my question.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:19 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

My old boots are Sidi Mega Ways, which are waterproof, but don't have all the bells and whistles of a race-type boot. I have very wide feet and Mega Ways and Mega Vertigos were my only choices in a motorcycle boot. Then I was shopping a Motorcycle Closeouts north of Kansas City and found these:

https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/...oots+-+size+47

Amazingly, they fit my duck feet just fine, which was a nice surprise. My advice is to try any boot on for size before buying.
j.bird4 likes this.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:37 AM

I Ride: '96 Gpz1100, Ď11 Voyager, 07 ZX14

Garage
For riding a Voyager I chose a safety toe wide footprint aggressive tread waterproof high top boot. Needed a safety boot for work too. Maybe not the best for riding, but works for me.
For riding a Gpz1100, went for a Salomon waterproof ankle high hiking boot. Again double duty when on tour.
Also spent $150 on retreads for 80ís era leather Kenny Roberts Alpinestars.
YMMV
j.bird4 likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I decided on getting the alpinestar smx-1 r vented. I love the look of them and they really will work best with me riding style of you guys want to get them go with a size maybe even 2 down. The run very big.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 AM

I Ride: ZZr1100 D4 ZX9r B4

I wear combat style police boots. Side zips, non slip sole, ankle protectors and steel toe. About £40 and lasted me 2 years constant wear so bought another. Found them on Amazon:

Not too sure they would be great for track mind

Last edited by Gambo; 05-12-2019 at 10:41 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I had boots like this at one point. I did like them and they offer great protection but they make motorcycle boots for a reason just like you donít wear work gloves on bikes. Not saying you canít wear those things but you will have a better experience wearing the right gear. Happy riding yíall.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 AM

I Ride: 2006 ZX 14 2017 ZX-10 RR

I believe the SIDI ROAR will do you well. Good price, Sort of a race/casual riding blend.
I typically like the SIDI ST, but needed something a size bigger, to wear during the few short cold weather riding i do. Allow toe movement.
The ROAR were on sale.
j.bird4 likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmechanic9 View Post
I believe the SIDI ROAR will do you well. Good price, Sort of a race/casual riding blend.

I typically like the SIDI ST, but needed something a size bigger, to wear during the few short cold weather riding i do. Allow toe movement.

The ROAR were on sale.

Those are very nice boots. I tried them on and as I expected they fit great. I do love them but they are a little more sporty then I would like.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Did you decide on something? Any updates. The same day you posted this I placed an order but was not able to try it on first. Been a bit uneasy these past couple of weeks not knowing if I ordered the right size. But like I said, (forgive it's the broken record in me) I bought a clone which was about the only way I would have an idea on the sizing. I grilled the seller about it before buying (overseas U.K) and his words "if you buy the boots too small you can't shave off your flesh." Nope, so right about that.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Did you decide on something? Any updates. The same day you posted this I placed an order but was not able to try it on first. Been a bit uneasy these past couple of weeks not knowing if I ordered the right size. But like I said, (forgive it's the broken record in me) I bought a clone which was about the only way I would have an idea on the sizing. I grilled the seller about it before buying (overseas U.K) and his words "if you buy the boots too small you can't shave off your flesh." Nope, so right about that.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I ended up getting the https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/alpin...r-vented-boots
I really do like the boot. They are way thinner than the work boots I use to use. But in return I can feel the bike much better. I love them so much. What did you get?

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 PM

Are these the ones ? Alpinestars SMX-1 R Your link stopped at the home page. OUtstanding reviews, shall give it read through now. P/u mag-1 here gonna see if it's practical for street riding.
j.bird4 likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Are these the ones ? Alpinestars SMX-1 R Your link stopped at the home page. OUtstanding reviews, shall give it read through now. P/u mag-1 here gonna see if it's practical for street riding.

Yes they are the smx 1r. Yes I think they are the best boot for the price and not going full length.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:39 AM

I Ride: ZX14-R: Former bikes --> 2001 929RR, '04, '06 & '08 1000RR and '08 GSXR 1000

First link is probably the way to go; I have a pair of Alpinestars boots which fit very comfortable and provide plenty of protection.
j.bird4 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 2014, April 2015 & August 2017
Ride of the Month Winner
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.bird4 View Post
Yes they are the smx 1r. Yes I think they are the best boot for the price and not going full length.

Nice choice. Excellent review btw.
j.bird4 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page