What do you guys/gals do to keep yourself cool - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

What do you guys/gals do to keep yourself cool

I'm new to riding and I just bought a '07 black ZX6R on Friday with 0 miles and what do you guys/gals do to keep cool. I had my helmet, jacket and gloves on and when I was doing riding for the first time ever on Friday and took my gear off I was soaked that's how hot I was. I don't want to take my jacket off cause I'm a new rider. What do you riders do. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 PM

get a mesh jacket with armor for hot weather riding, make sure you have a helmet that flows good air and wear mesh gloves, dont be a squidiot and wear a t-shirt
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 AM

I Ride: 2007 ZX10R SE

I check the weather first before trying to ride. If the forecast is going be upper 90s with high humidity, then I try to avoid riding during peak high temps time like around 12:00 PM till around 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM.

I like to ride as much I can but there comes a point when its just plain to fuck!ng hot too ride and it becomes dangerous if you force yourself on it. If the weather is not cooperating...take a car

**Recovered** 2007 ZX10R SE - Akra Twin TI Bolt-ons, PCIII, K&N Filter, LSL Frame Sliders, Competion Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit, PUIG Dark Smoke Windscreen, GIPRO w/ATRE, Galfer SS Braided Lines & EBC HH Brake Pads (Front & Rear), Modified Stock Ohlins Steering Damper by Kyle Racing USA, CRG Levers
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 AM

I would try to make your route to your destination require the least amount of stopping and slow speeds. I ride my MX bike with full gear on in 90 degree weather all the time and he only time I feel hot is if I stop moving.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I have a mesh jacket with leather gloves and I'm a new rider so I haven't been riding far. I have been riding mostly late in the day like 6-7pm but just still so hot. My bike is also like 220 degrees so I know that's not a big help but I'll learn to deal with it. Thanks and be safe out there.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM

I Ride: 05 636

i wear football (soccer) jerseys umder my jacket. They dry off fast as hell while cotton t-shirts have you looking (and feeling) like a wet dog
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:46 PM

I Ride: 07 Ebony SE

I try to ride mostly at night, but if it comes down to it and I have to ride in the heat, I have a freezer shelf in my garage dedicated soley to my gear for this purpose. Before I go I try to spend sometime in the heat that way I doesn't come as much of a surprise when I put it on. I usually dampen it with a spray bottle, because once the frost melts, the moisture will keep you cool and dry off on it's own. Put some anti-fog on the helmet, or lift it up with some sunglasses. If you don't wanna go that extreme, then just spray some water on it. But try not to do it if it's leather.

Officer:*Knocks on window*
Me:*Rolls down window*Yes officer may I help you?
Officer:I've been waiting all day for you.
Me:Well I got here as fast as I could.
Officer:*Laughs IntenselyI'ma let you off with a warning. It better not happen again, good day.
Me: Good day to you officer.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 02:10 AM

I Ride: ZX-10R

"motoboss" makes a cooling vest that i use.
works really well.
it soaks in water and absorbs water. then when riding the wind cools the vest.
kinda like those slick pants. or what alot of sleeping bags are made out of.

works though
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 AM

i ride faster.

my helmet doesn't have a visor, helps quite a bit.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM

I Ride: Diablo Black 07 ZX-14

I drink a beer or a wet willie's frozen drink to keep myself cool

PLAY HARD, BREAK HARDER

SIR ZULU CAGER HATIN, GUN TOTIN, ELBOW SCRAPIN SLAB SLUT OF ZXF
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 06:59 AM

we've started wetting t-shirts then ringing them out so they are damp. you put that on underneath your jacket and leave about a 5-10cm gap (4 inches?) open at the top of your jacket to let the air in.

That works and depending on the temperature and your average speed, you can get 1 - 1.5 hours cooling before you start to heat up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page