Make yourself more visable - ZX Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeSF
  • 1 Post By 185EZ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: ZZR1400

Make yourself more visible

I have a Midnight Sapphire Blue ZZR1400 having previously owned several brightly coloured Fireblades. As I am getting on in age I am conscious that if someone doesn't see me and knocks me off my bike I won't bounce as well as I used to so I have done a couple of things to make the bike more visible:-

1. Put some highly reflective tape between the fins of the fairing cover on both sides. I got the tape which comes in 3 metre lengths and 150mm wide. You can get this on Ebay for about 5 direct from China. I made a stencil out of masking tape and then pealed it off the bike and then overlaid it on the high vis tape and cut around for a perfect fit.

2. In order to make myself more visible from behind I fitted some LED strips under the red reflective panels on my Top Box. There's just enough room underneath for you to stick the LED strips to the white plastic backing. Again I sourced the LED's from China in a 5m length that you can cut into lengths to suit your needs. Soldering connections is a bit fiddly. Connection to the bike was via relay with feed direct from the battery. The relay is fitted under the seat and spliced it into the rear light cable. I used the same relay to supply power to the heated grips that I fitted. The relay takes a very small current from the lighting circuit to energise the relay so there is no adverse overloading. I would have uploaded some photos but the limit on upload size renders the photos useless.
Chevy Fan Attic likes this.

Last edited by MikeSF; 02-11-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
EZ Rider

I Ride: 2014 ZX14R

Garage
Welcome Mike!
I'm going to move your thread to gear and safety.
This is just for site issues.
Kind of like not being able to post pics. :)
You need photobucket or similar to post pics.
Here ya go,
https://www.zxforums.com/forums/gener...ting-help.html
MikeSF likes this.

December 2011 ROTM winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by massa222000 View Post
YOU'RE F - KING AWESOME!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:35 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Anything that makes a rider more visible to brain-dead cagers is good in my book. Bright lights, a loud horn and hi-viz or reflective gear can all contribute to higher visibility and increased safety.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page