Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

gear recommendation...time to set up

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  metalmechanic9 
#1 · (Edited)
After being on a bike since was basically 13 and never had a accident for almost 12...besides when I forgot to put my kickstand and bike fell over :nutkick:
I Need new boots and cant decide between sidi vertigo vs Astar Supertech r
How is the sizing which are more comfy??

Any recommendations on knee/shin guards?? they range from 30 buck up to 300$ I've seen icons and thor
something that will fit under jeans and serve its purpose...
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fox-racing-titan-race-kneeshin-guard-2010
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle...g&matchtype=&gclid=CPmn9KS4obwCFSzNOgodAXcAXQ

I ride in summer time and being comfortable in 80/90 degrees is a concern because I like to ride my bike to work as often as possible,that's why I cant see my self wearing leather pants in a summer...

See less See more
#2 ·
I have seen two different people ride with what looked like a baseball catcher's shin guards. Both looked a bit past ridiculous. If you ever crash wearing them, they will likely get spun around and do more harm than good.

Leather is best for protection, especially armored leather. Next up is armored textile gear.
Don't waste your time and money on anything else, even those silly kevlar-lined jeans. And save the shin guards for playing baseball.

#8 · (Edited)
I have seen two different people ride with what looked like a baseball catcher's shin guards. Both looked a bit past ridiculous. If you ever crash wearing them, they will likely get spun around and do more harm than good.
I dont think so...loking on other forums they saved people knee caps
Leather is best for protection, especially armored leather. Next up is armored textile gear.
Don't waste your time and money on anything else, even those silly kevlar-lined jeans. And save the shin guards for playing baseball.
I agree with that but Im not asking about track gear but street gear...I have Joe rocket mesh/leather jacket with padding and my t-shirt is soaked in summer time....cant imagine adding leather pants on top of that

I agree with HH. I haven't seen someone wearing shin guards like that before but I can certainly imagine how ridiculous they would look. A fine pear of leather riding pants and shin high boots is what even the craziest of riders rely on to keep them as safe as possible while not looking like a buffoon.
You cant even see them under your jeans
I think we can all agree this guy looks like a total dweeb in shinguards;

You are so ignorant.....Just because Im not willing to ride in 1 piece leather racing suit to work....Im a dweeb :smiley:
I think they saved that guys knee... and those are the cheapest ones not bad for 20 bucks
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106783

#4 ·
I agree with HH. I haven't seen someone wearing shin guards like that before but I can certainly imagine how ridiculous they would look. A fine pear of leather riding pants and shin high boots is what even the craziest of riders rely on to keep them as safe as possible while not looking like a buffoon.

#5 ·
any leather pants that wont cook my balls in a summer time??

#7 ·
You can get perforated leather gear that will pass some air. I have a set of Tourmaster Flex jacket and pants. The jacket outer shell and pants panels zip off to reveal armored mesh underneath. Wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath and it's almost like riding in shorts and a t-shirt.

#11 ·
I admit riding in jeans now and then and rarely in a T-shirt, but always with the helmet, boots and gloves. I just think the shinguards are mostly a waste of money. They may afford some protection for your knees if worn under something else, but strapped on over your jeans, I think they would be useless. The CE-approved armor inserts in most good gear are a much better way to go.

#14 ·
Well they make some textile riding pants as well that would probablee do better than jeans and you could still use your shin guards. I understand what you're getting at, just not sure why you made this thread when you had your mind made up already :dunno

#15 ·
Thx yeah

I'll probably still gona get the pants...for a little colder months

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.