The Cruising Missile

Garage
Vehicle Name The Cruising Missile
Year 2000
Make Kawasaki
Model ZX12R
Color Green
History I bought it new in April, 2000 and have owned it since. I'm the original and only owner and over the years I've modded it a little until recently when I went a little wild with the build and built exactly the bike I've always wanted.

The complete build was done by me with all welding done by my brother in his shop and all machine work was done by my brother and a friend of ours named Dave. All other fab work was done by me. We built a turbo system with the objective of having it completely hidden by the bodywork. I wanted all the mods to be so subtle that most people wouldn't be able to pick them out immediately. I think my goal was achieved.
Bodywork
2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Bodywork 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Bodywork 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Bodywork

Wheels and Tires
2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Wheels and Tires 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Wheels and Tires 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R Wheels and Tires
There is a lock up clutch hidden in there. I made an oil pan window to keep the oil around the oil pump pick up. The stock oil cooler had to go so I modded a 1999 Ford Super Duty power steering cooler to work as my oil cooler. It's sitting behind the ram air snorkel for maximum cooling effect. To feed the turbo I installed ZX14 injectors,Walbro fuel pump,Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator,Autometer fuel pressure gauge and braided fuel lines. For proper fuelling I had the ECU modded by Ridge Racer for an increase in redline to 11,700 and added a modified Power Commander V originally built for a 2006-07 GSXR 1000. To seal the stock airbox I made some block off plates and used aircraft fuel tank sealant to get it totally sealed. That's the "Cliff's Notes" overview of the project.

The twist to all this is that the Missile runs on E85. Tuned (so far) by me.

Here's the parts list:

Aeromotive:
Fuel Pressure Regulator

APE:
Adjustable Cam Sprockets

Autometer:
Boost Guage
Fuel Pressure Guage
Shift Light

Daytona Sensors:
Wego III

DEI:
Exhaust Wrap
Heat Sleeves

Dynojet:
Power Commander V
Autotune

Earl’s/Edelbrock/Russell:
Braided Lines & Fittings for Fuel & Oil Lines

Factory Pro:
EVO SHIFT STAR

Falicon:
Billet Clutch Basket

Garrett:
T3 Super 60 Turbo

Kawasaki:
ZX14 Fuel Injectors

K&N:
Air Filter

MTC:
Multi-Stage Lock Up Clutch

Muzzys:
Adjustable Ignition Advancer
Cooling Fan
Dry Nitrous Kit
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
Performance Clutch Kit
Velocity Stacks

Robinson Industries:
Transmission First Gear

Schnitz Racing:
Turbo Scavenge Pump

Walbro:
Fuel Pump

Fabricated Parts by me and/or my brother:
Airbox Block-Off Plates
Drilled Intake Camshaft For Cam Position Sensor (used as exhaust cam)
Fuel & Oil Lines
Oil Pan Window
Ported Head
Reed Valve Block-Off Plates
Turbo System
Wire Harnesses For Accessories

Creature Comforts
The bike was stretched 4 inches and lowered 3 inches. My brother welded the swing arm extensions in place and I made the chain guard. I installed an air shifter that utilizes the swing arm as the air tank and also has an onboard air compressor.

Muzzys:
Lowering Links

Schnitz Racing:
Front End Lowering Strap

Speigler:
Front & Rear Brake Lines

Superbike Mike:
4” Weld-In Swing Arm Extensions
Views: 397

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome