Northern Cali/bay Area Feb 18 or 19 - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

I Ride: 2011 zx6r - 2011 848 Evo

Northern Cali/bay Area Feb 18 or 19

Wanting to carve saratoga, highway 9 next weekend feb 18 or 19th.

i have something posted on a local forum but wondering if any zxf members wants to come represent.

complimentary lunch paid for by yourself at alices

Last edited by Caburian; 02-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 AM

I Ride: I used to have a brand new 1995 Lime Green ZX9r but I had to sell it. Between bikes now.

this could be fun!

It may be a pig.....but it's my pig!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

yes it will be!

even gixxers can have fun on highway 9

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
riz

I Ride: 06 ZX6r

Man that looks like a great road. Ive started applying to jobs in sacramento/san franscisco/sacramento as well as around LA. Which would you recommend has the better riding? Good twisties and little traffic? One thing Im concerned about is that although there maybe nice twisties, there maybe a lot of traffic destroying any fun. Down here in the southeast, you can hit nonstop twisties without ever seeing a car. is there riding like this in CA and if so which would areas would be best for that?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

what do you do? what kind of job?
i guess depends on what kind of job you are trying to get, if you are in the IT field then of course the silicone valley is the way to go, anything industrial probably los angeles.

I have the priviledge to have lived both southern and northern california and each has its own good road.

socal has good riding, anywhere near malibu has about 5 riders favorite roads that i know of. the snake seems popular on youtube these days.

Northern California has good roads, pacific coast highway has the best riding view, highway 9 in los gatos is good. there's a spot called 4 corners once you get a middle you got 4 routes you can chose from. from hard turns, hard uturns, long banking turns, or a nice view towards PCH. this is probably on my top 3 roads.

the one good thing about california is legal lane splitting "for now". so traffic is fun :)

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

oh yeah i forgot.. RIDING ALL YEAR, you can pretty much run your favorite roads any month of the year :)

Of course it has its rainy days, but just wait a couple of days and you are good to go.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 AM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caburian View Post
what do you do? what kind of job?
i guess depends on what kind of job you are trying to get, if you are in the IT field then of course the silicone valley is the way to go, anything industrial probably los angeles.

I have the priviledge to have lived both southern and northern california and each has its own good road.

socal has good riding, anywhere near malibu has about 5 riders favorite roads that i know of. the snake seems popular on youtube these days.

Northern California has good roads, pacific coast highway has the best riding view, highway 9 in los gatos is good. there's a spot called 4 corners once you get a middle you got 4 routes you can chose from. from hard turns, hard uturns, long banking turns, or a nice view towards PCH. this is probably on my top 3 roads.

the one good thing about california is legal lane splitting "for now". so traffic is fun :)
Im about to graduate with my masters and Im mainly applying to management consulting firms, which requires me to work in a large city mainly, but then youll find offices in mid sized cities as well. But I can also work in the area of HR as well so it sort of makes my options very open, so ill be applying to those as well.

Im leaning towards moving to north cal more bc i ha ve this impression that itd be less population than south, but I know nothing about california so im prolly wrong about that :. Ive never even been to california before but ill be in San Diego for a week in April for a conference so im excited for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caburian View Post
oh yeah i forgot.. RIDING ALL YEAR, you can pretty much run your favorite roads any month of the year :)

Of course it has its rainy days, but just wait a couple of days and you are good to go.
This is probably one of my main reasons for wanting to move there, good roads, riding all year and tracks. Im tryin to make moves on this so I can be setup at my new place by early summer! lol
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

big city, you probably want to live in san jose which is a bit more developed as a working city which is basically the heart of silicone valley. San francisco is nice but its best as a tourist spot and not to live in, too expensive anyways.

And being in san jose puts you within minutes of the best riding roads.

Highway 9 - but too crowded with motorcycles in the weekend, there's a restaurant uptop called alices where dozens but i seen hundreds of riders hang out.

about 30-40 minutes to patterson pass, not many riders know's the spot so please keep it a secret ;) .. check it
on the weekdays i can go up and down this road without seing a car for hours.
its the road after oregon raceway, after the shortcut scene where there are windmills and cop chase :)

15 minutes way from highway 17 santa cruz. - too much CHP these days, and even sheriff office is involved in anti bike activity in the weekend. weekday mornings will give you an exclusive access tho :)

State route 130 mt. hamilton. Not many riders because you have to pay at the gate for the good stuff. CHEAP BASTARDS!

there are plenty more but wont go on my top 10.

Last edited by Caburian; 02-12-2012 at 09:46 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
riz

Wow that road looks amazing, and no guard raills! awesome! Def gonna look into San Jose thanks for all the info! You might get some PMs llittle later if I have any more questions!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 PM

I Ride: 1987 ZX1000

I lived in Hercules, CA, just north of Oakland. Man I miss the weather!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page