H2SXSE panniers and other accessories - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

H2SXSE panniers and other accessories

I bought my 2018 H2SXSE last Saturday and want to add the panniers so I'll have a place to store my helmet and other stuff when I stop for lunch. Anyone know of a good source to order the panniers other than through a Kawasaki dealership and how hard is it to install the panniers yourself? Checking the Kawasaki webpage there's a disclaimer that the bags should be installed by a certified Kawasaki mechanic. I'm no mechanic but I find it hard to believe installing the panniers isn't a DIY job. The panniers are expensive as it is so the last thing I want to do is pay someone to do a job I can do myself. I'd also be interested in finding out what are some good accessories I should consider for my new bike. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My H2SX.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	9702  

Last edited by wellcraft; 03-27-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 AM

I Ride: 2002 ZX-7R; 1998 ZX-7R; 2005 MV Agusta F4 1000S 1+1; 2016 Ninja H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
I bought my 2018 H2SXSE last Saturday and want to add the panniers so I'll have a place to store my helmet and other stuff when I stop for lunch. Anyone know of a good source to order the panniers other than through a Kawasaki dealership and how hard is it to install the panniers yourself? Checking the Kawasaki webpage there's a disclaimer that the bags should be installed by a certified Kawasaki mechanic. I'm no mechanic but I find it hard to believe installing the panniers isn't a DIY job. The panniers are expensive as it is so the last thing I want to do is pay someone to do a job I can do myself. I'd also be interested in finding out what are some good accessories I should consider for my new bike. Thanks
Congrats on your H2SX!

I think the issue with the Panniers is ensuring that there is enough clearance from the Exhaust to avoid damage from heat. You're right though. It doesn't seem like a tough job.

If you end up looking for an exhaust system for your H2, I can get you a great deal on the VANDEMON full titanium exhaust system. It drops 20lbs off of the bike, is corrosion resistant, sounds great, and makes a few more horsepower.

1998 ZX-7R (779cc)
- November 2015 BOTM
- 2015 2nd Place BOTY

Quote:
That's what I like about you, Turbo. Instead of looking to external factors you consistently look to yourself to provide the improvements first.

"I can't corner the way I want to, I'll improve that."

"My bike feels heavy, I'll lose weight."

In a day and age where everyone's playing the blame game and looking for excuses it's refreshing to see a little discipline, determination, and self-efficacy.

ZX7RJoe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:06 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Install shouldn't be too difficult, but I doubt you'll be able to source the bags etc. anywhere but a Kaw dealer.

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:30 AM
57x

I Ride: 2018 H2 SX SE, 2005 Z750S, ZX7R Superbikes

You will also notice Kawasaki says the chain should only be adjusted by Kawasaki. Bunch of BS.

I installed my bags on my H2 SX SE myself. You just need:

KQR bags
Color kit for the top and sides
Kawasaki One-Key
Adapter brackets on rear foot pegs
Rubber bumper for footpeg brackets

Here is a set of Ninja 1000 bags. Same as I am using. The other parts are relatively cheap.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F233153941134
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:36 AM
57x

I Ride: 2018 H2 SX SE, 2005 Z750S, ZX7R Superbikes

Get an aluminum Ducati wheel spanner tool. They are cheap on Ebay and Amazon and are a perfect fit. You will also need a 10 or 12mm allen. I'd have to check. I keep both under the front seat next to my battery.

Make sure you read the manual closely for tightening the swingarm bolts. You have to be really careful when torquing the two allen bolts. They don't take much torque to tighten and are easy to strip. You tighten each a little bit, a step at a time.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
Congrats on your H2SX!

I think the issue with the Panniers is ensuring that there is enough clearance from the Exhaust to avoid damage from heat. You're right though. It doesn't seem like a tough job.

If you end up looking for an exhaust system for your H2, I can get you a great deal on the VANDEMON full titanium exhaust system. It drops 20lbs off of the bike, is corrosion resistant, sounds great, and makes a few more horsepower.
It will be a while before I can think about investing in an exhaust system but thanks for the offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page