ZX Forums

ZX Forums (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/)
-   57X's H2-SX Forum (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/57xs-h2-sx-forum/)
-   -   H2 SX top ten bikes to ride (https://www.zxforums.com/forums/57xs-h2-sx-forum/203044-h2-sx-top-ten-bikes-ride.html)

185EZ 11-15-2018 02:45 PM

H2 SX top ten bikes to ride

PhukDD 11-17-2018 04:16 PM

It is a fun and amazing bike.... no regrets here

Snakes709 11-17-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhukDD (Post 4065984)
It is a fun and amazing bike.... no regrets here

No regrets either. glad i went with the SE. i was set in just the SX.

wellcraft 11-18-2018 05:42 AM

I'm on the fence in regards to trading in my 2017 ZX14R for a H2SXSE, I haven't decided if the H2SX is that much more of a bike than my ZX14R to justify trading it in and going into more debt, I still have payments on my 2018 BMW R12GS. I really like the factory bag option for the H2SX, I like the upgraded electronics, more upright seating position and better wind protection but with a few modifications I can do the same with my ZX14R, other than the electronic upgrades, for a lot less money.

57x 11-19-2018 04:55 PM

I am very happy with mine. I have had many of the big Kawi's (10, 12, 14, Connie) and this is by far my favorite. I am also very happy I stepped up to the SE.

Interesting the new SE+. I know I would not pay $3000 more for the suspension and brakes. The suspension and brakes on this bike are fantastic.

PhukDD 11-19-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57x (Post 4066044)
I am very happy with mine. I have had many of the big Kawi's (10, 12, 14, Connie) and this is by far my favorite. I am also very happy I stepped up to the SE.

Interesting the new SE+. I know I would not pay $3000 more for the suspension and brakes. The suspension and brakes on this bike are fantastic.

That was my thoughts exactly...but I do like the paint on the SE+

wellcraft 03-16-2019 05:12 PM

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a leftover 2018 H2SXSE next week. I'm a little reluctant to let my ZX14R go but it won't make sense for me to have the H2SXSE and the ZX14R because the bikes are to similar in mission plus I'll need to trade the ZX14R to make purchasing the H2 affordable. I like all the technology Kawasaki has incorporated in the H2 plus I like the idea of factory bags and long distance touring capability.

57x 03-16-2019 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcraft (Post 4069916)
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a leftover 2018 H2SXSE next week. I'm a little reluctant to let my ZX14R go but it won't make sense for me to have the H2SXSE and the ZX14R because the bikes are to similar in mission plus I'll need to trade the ZX14R to make purchasing the H2 affordable. I like all the technology Kawasaki has incorporated in the H2 plus I like the idea of factory bags and long distance touring capability.

Flash it and you won't miss the ZX14R as much. It's a little lighter and with the flash the torque is closer.

185EZ 03-16-2019 06:42 PM

This will always be the view from an H2
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4544/...f00b0810_c.jpg20171126_091515_HDR1 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

57x 03-16-2019 08:38 PM

I'm ok with that. There are pluses to both.

185EZ 03-17-2019 05:42 AM

I was joking
If DD didn't have the side bags on it would have been the other way around.
That's how close it is

57x 03-17-2019 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 185EZ (Post 4069936)
I was joking
If DD didn't have the side bags on it would have been the other way around.
That's how close it is

I figured, me being another smart-ass on here.

I'm surprised it was so close with DD's bike still in stock form. Wait until he gets it flashed.

wellcraft 03-17-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 185EZ (Post 4069922)
This will always be the view from an H2
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4544/...f00b0810_c.jpg20171126_091515_HDR1 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

Cute picture and I don't mind that view at all as long as the view isn't a HD or Gold Wing :-)

wellcraft 03-17-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57x (Post 4069918)
Flash it and you won't miss the ZX14R as much. It's a little lighter and with the flash the torque is closer.

What is the cost of the flash and who should I take it too? I've never had a ECU flash done to any motorcycle I've owned but I know Guhl is within riding distance of my home so if he does flashes for the H2 it would make the most sense for me to go to him. I'm open to suggestions.

57x 03-17-2019 05:50 PM

https://www.vcyclenut.com/kawasaki-h2-sx.html

vcyclenut sells a setup with full exhaust working with an OEM ZX10R header, with a new mid and can. Get it with the sprint filter and flash. This is the setup I'm running.

The challenge with a Guhl flash is they, and many others only go for tuning for wide open throttle. Guys like vcyclenut and Ivan's go after a tune on the dyno, then datalog the bike to fix real world issues like mid throttle, on-off throttle hesitation, etc. Ivan doesn't make an H2 SX tune unfortunately, and vcyclenut does a great job fortunately. I've bought from both of them for a few bikes and am quite pleased.

Snakes709 03-17-2019 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 57x (Post 4070004)

vcyclenut sells a setup with full exhaust working with an OEM ZX10R header, with a new mid and can. Get it with the sprint filter and flash. This is the setup I'm running.

The challenge with a Guhl flash is they, and many others only go for tuning for wide open throttle. Guys like vcyclenut and Ivan's go after a tune on the dyno, then datalog the bike to fix real world issues like mid throttle, on-off throttle hesitation, etc. Ivan doesn't make an H2 SX tune unfortunately, and vcyclenut does a great job fortunately. I've bought from both of them for a few bikes and am quite pleased.

Thats who im going with. Was originally gonna get dyno tuned at the dealership but they are going out of buisness. And there is only so much i can do with my woolich auto tuner. So im having vcyclenut to send me his tune’s bin file, ill load it up, data log and send him the logs to make any adjustments for my climate, elevation and fuel. Cant wait to see how it feels. I only made a few changes to the stock tune, along with adding a zx10r, yoshimura 3/4 system and spring po8 filter and she sure as hell feels faster

wellcraft 03-18-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info, good stuff to know. I went to buy the H2SXSE today but came home empty handed. The dealership I visited, Bay Harbor Motor Sports in Staten Island, NY refused to give me a written quote for out the door price including all fees to include freight, assembly, paperwork, taxes etc unless I first put down a deposit. Why would anyone put down a deposit without first knowing the total cost to include all dealer fees and taxes? Needless to say I walked out, I've purchased 8 new motorcycles and never had a problem from any dealership getting a written quote. I checked out two other dealerships and both gave me a quote within moments of me asking. I'll need to wait until the weekend and then decide which bike to buy from the two dealerships that gave me quotes.

Snakes709 03-18-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcraft (Post 4070064)
Quote:

Thanks for the info, good stuff to know. I went to buy the H2SXSE today but came home empty handed. The dealership I visited, Bay Harbor Motor Sports in Staten Island, NY refused to give me a written quote for out the door price including all fees to include freight, assembly, paperwork, taxes etc unless I first put down a deposit. Why would anyone put down a deposit without first knowing the total cost to include all dealer fees and taxes? Needless to say I walked out, I've purchased 8 new motorcycles and never had a problem from any dealership getting a written quote. I checked out two other dealerships and both gave me a quote within moments of me asking. I'll need to wait until the weekend and then decide which bike to buy from the two dealerships that gave me quotes.

Thats complete bullshit. Deposits are total bs and serve no purpose. Its to get your foot in the door and more of a chance you will go through with the deal. Usually it pisses people off and causes them to find another dealership. Oh well, their loss.

wellcraft 03-18-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4070072)
Thats complete bullshit. Deposits are total bs and serve no purpose. Its to get your foot in the door and more of a chance you will go through with the deal. Usually it pisses people off and causes them to find another dealership. Oh well, their loss.

Agree 100%, Bay Harbor had the bike listed on cycle trader for 16979, I called and they refused to give me a quote over the phone so I drove 75 miles one way, paid 20 bucks in tolls only to be told they wouldn't give me a written quote unless I put down a deposit. I guess the fact I drove 75 miles from PA to NY wasn't a clue I was a serious buyer. 16979 was a great price if that was actually the price, my guess is they probably had inflated dealer fees that bumped the price back up close to MSRP. Had they provided a quote with reasonable dealer fees I would have purchased the H2SXSE from them today. Bay harbor definitely lost a sale and as it stands now you couldn't pay me to step foot in their dealership again so I'll purchase the bike elsewhere. Hopefully I'll get a H2 this weekend from one of the other two shops I visited that were all to happy to give me a written quote.

57x 03-18-2019 09:30 PM

I understand the arguement, but still don't agree. People play dealers against each other and many dealers don't play. If you have a written quote they most of the time lose the sale as people take that paper to the next dealer to get a better price. I fortunately gave created relationships with a couple dealers out here and they just give me the no BS price.