H2 SX top ten bikes to ride - Page 2 - ZX Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
I understand the arguement, but still don't agree. People play dealers against each other and many dealers don't play. If you have a written quote they most of the time lose the sale as people take that paper to the next dealer to get a better price. I fortunately gave created relationships with a couple dealers out here and they just give me the no BS price.
I've purchased 8 new motorcycles and never once had a dealership refuse or even hesitate to give me a written quote, and yes some people do pit one dealership against another but that's just part of the game when it comes to purchasing a vehicle, if you offer the best price from the start you'll get the sale. There's no magic formula that allows one dealership to sell a bike any cheaper than what any other dealership can sell it for so if you refuse to provide a written quote from my perspective you're hiding something i.e., inflated dealer fees. Bay Harbor wouldn't even verbally give me the out the door price. The two other dealerships I visited, Jersey Shore Power Sports and Montgomeryville Cycle Center, both provided me written quotes without issue so it's likely I'll buy from one of them, it'll probably come down to which dealership gives me the most money in trade for my 2017 ZX14R.

Last edited by wellcraft; 03-19-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:30 PM

Made a deal today with a local dealership and will pickup my 2018 H2SXSE Friday afternoon :-) I'd pick it up tomorrow but it's supposed to rain :-(

It'll be a long 48 hours waiting to pick up the new bike
185EZ likes this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:57 AM
57x

I Ride: 2018 H2 SX SE, 2005 Z750S, ZX7R Superbikes

It has been non-stop rain here all winter, especially weekends. I got the pipe and flash on my bike a couple weeks ago and only got out once on it. The roads were a rocky, muddy, sandy mess. It rained again yesterday, forecasted for tomorrow, a small gap over the weekend and then rain again all next week. We needed it but enough is enough. This is too big a jump in power to play with with this on roads in poor condition. Hopefully soon.

Congratulations on the purchase. I certainly love my H2 SX SE and bet you will yours.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:47 AM

Finally picked up my 2018 H2SXSE Saturday 23 March, to cold and windy to do anything other than ride it home but at least it stopped raining so I could bring it home. Very impressive bike now that I have had a chance to really examine it outside of a dealership and the emerald green and black looks fantastic in the sunlight. I believe in following the manufacturers recommended break-in procedure so I'll be babying my H2 for the next 1000 miles plus I need saddle time to get use to riding it and figuring out how it accelerates and handles. I traded in my 2017 ZX14R because I wanted ZX14R performance along with touring capability and there was nothing else on the market that offered the combination of performance and touring. I got a good deal and paid 18K for the 2018 H2SXSE and received a really generous trade-in of $9700 for my 2017 ZX14R SE so the bike was affordable, at 22K the H2 would have been out of reach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page