Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Bye bye ZX14R

9K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Zed-xer 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Once they've halted major production, they'll likely keep screwing bikes together to fill orders from places where the emissions standards can still be met. Depending upon their stash of components and parts, 14R's will continue to trickle out until there's no place to sell them or the orders peter out or they decide not to order any new outsourced parts.

#12 ·
This guy from MCN, Michael Nieves that did a review on the zx-14 and that other guy that gave a review are bull -shit artists. He says HP was 197 for the 208. Wrong, Motorcyclist Magazine tested it at 167 in the Feb, 2008 issue. He says the riding position was cramped. Wrong that is opposite of what the testors in Motorcyclist Mag. said. Many You-tube videos say it is comfortable. The other testor in the article says the same things. He is wrong too. You can't believe every thing you read. Have either of these guys ever ridden an H-2? Or a liter clas bike? The only bike I have ever ridden that was more comfortable was the Honda cbr1100xx. That was with handlebar risers.

#14 ·
The H2 SXE is just as heavy as a 14R, likely as fast. Ergos are yet to be quantified, but the kicker is $; It's more complicated than a 14R and will likely be more expensive to service as well as purchase. For $25K, you could hang a lot of go-faster mods (not to mention comfort mods) on a 14R. Some of the complication may have to do with the emissions, but the blower is another whole assembly to deal with. Despite the small hand space on top of the engine, the 14 is pretty easy to service once you get beyond the fear of removing the cams to set valve clearances. Again, another aspect yet to be quantified on the blower bikes.

#15 ·
The H2 SX is a little lighter, and a little slower than the 14R (in stock form) but handles much better. You don't have to get the SE+, so it's "only" $22K for the SE like I bought. Flashed the H2 SX is just nuts. Mine is 240hp and 105 lbft to the rear tire with a pipe and a flash.

The supercharger is a bigger risk, but so far at nearly 20K miles on mine I've seen no issues. It's time to service the valves and it's insanely tight under the tank. There will be swearing involved.

#20 ·
According to hoyle. the H2SX wet weight is 573 lbs and the wet weight of a 14R is 593, almost exactly 20 lbs more than the 1st and 2nd-gen ZX 14. Both are speed limited to 185 mph or so and the 14R runs the 1/4 a half-second quicker.

So the H2SX is pretty comparable in weight and speed to the 1st and 2nd-gen ZX-14s.

#24 ·
The best I've seen with good A/F ratio on the H2 SX is 240 HP. It's 11:1 for God's sake. If you push anything too far they break. I have a friend that put holes in his pistons on his nitrous ZX14R also with bad A/F ratio, and he was also around 250 HP.

I don't see how an over tuned anything compares to stock bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.