ZX Forums - View Single Post - 2 questions about 1995 zx7
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Necron9d9

I Ride: ZX-7 H2, ZX-7R K2, ZX-7/9 in werx, 2002 Ducati 900ie Supersport, 2001 CBR600F4i, any OPB's

You don't have to have the 10R linkage; you could just use the one you already have on your '95 but now is probably a good time to upgrade to a P model linkage or legend has it, even better to use a 10r linkage.

They have a less aggressive ratio and so will soften the action of the rear suspension. Highly rec'd. That's why some folks fork out $300-500 for kit linkages or replicas.

As to the fused allen head bolt, I'm sure you doused it in penetrating oil and let it bake for a couple of days? If a 4 foot cheater gave you no joy, you're in real danger of rounding the sucker off or snapping it and then you need to drill/tap it out and that officially will suck.

I'd remove the bar from the clip on bracket and go after it with one end on a towel on the ground and then take a hammer and one of these to get it out:

https://www.harborfreight.com/impact...ase-37530.html

You'll wonder how you ever managed to live without one once you've used it.

Also, you're probably going to have to mod your battery box a bit to get the piggyback reservoir to fit in neatly, but its been done plenty around here so not too tough to do.

Last edited by Necron9d9; 11-07-2019 at 03:29 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome