ZX Forums - View Single Post - More Track Time Coming
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Turbo329

I Ride: 2002 ZX-7R; 1998 ZX-7R; 2005 MV Agusta F4 1000S 1+1; 2016 Ninja H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
Good to hear you are out again. I'm heading to Sears Point at the end of the month. I doubt this forum will want to hear about my GSXR750 or S1000RR rack bikes though. I have been to Thunderhill and Buttonwillow on the GSXR750 already this year.

Have you spun the wheel on your H2 to see if it is where the runout is? I recently swapped the hub and axle on my H2 SX SE to an H2 hub and axle so I can put my bike on a Pitbull TRS. Those axle needle bearings are huge. If there was a failure I whould think it would show other symptoms. The nice part is the swap saved me over 3 lbs and I now have the Brembo rear caliper.

The toughest part of getting into that H2 axle is torquing the nuts to 148 lb ft. I grabbed a set of torque sticks and used a 150 lb ft stick. I cannot imagine 2 lb ft would be an issue.
Thanks man. Yeah I'd love to hear about your Sears Point excursion. I'm going to give the rear wheel a good long look this weekend and make sure the play isn't coming from the hub.

That was a smart mod you did on the H2 SXSE. You can really tell where Kawasaki cut corners to keep the costs down. You going to do the M50 calipers as well?

1998 ZX-7R (779cc)
- November 2015 BOTM
- 2015 2nd Place BOTY

Quote:
That's what I like about you, Turbo. Instead of looking to external factors you consistently look to yourself to provide the improvements first.

"I can't corner the way I want to, I'll improve that."

"My bike feels heavy, I'll lose weight."

In a day and age where everyone's playing the blame game and looking for excuses it's refreshing to see a little discipline, determination, and self-efficacy.

ZX7RJoe

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome