Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Ninja H2 SX/SE Prototype Exhaust

7K views 36 replies 4 participants last post by  Turbo329 
#1 ·
It's almost ready for production and will have several muffler options.

See less See more
#3 ·
Not yet but if I know Vandemon it'll be considerably more affordable than anything Akropovic puts out. lol

Here is a pic of one of their prototype muffler options. Looks trick as all hell.

#5 ·
I spoke to the Managing Director and he said it's very close to production. They are ironing out some final clearance issues but it's pretty much ready. It will definitely be worth the wait.

I'll post pics of the prototype headers (blued) later.

#8 ·
I know it'll be a new product but I can probably arrange a 'group buy' if we can get 1 or 2 more commitments.

I'll post more details to this thread as they become available.

#12 ·
When I get all of the muffler options I'll get back to you.

#14 ·
Prototype headers after some testing.

#15 ·
So regarding the muffler options...

I spoke with Vandemon today and they've done a lot of testing.

A shorty option makes the exhaust very loud and it actually will allow heat from the system to hit the bags.

The longer muffler is a semi high mount and it keeps the noise down. They've also designed it in a way to speed up the exit of the exhaust gases so it shoots past the bags and doesn't linger once it leaves the muffler outlet.

They are open to the idea of offering a shorter version for the performance minded in the future but for the initial launch, the longer high mount muffler will be developed first and released.

#17 ·
Agreed. Making a muffler is easy. The hard part is header diameter, maximizing hp and torque and eliminating clearance issues with the engine, radiator, and surrounding bodywork.

Vandemon took an entire year before releasing their H2 exhaust. As we all know it was definitely worth the wait. I think this kit will also be world class. I can't wait to get the first US batch in stock.

#19 ·
Headers are ready and the muffler options are in the final stages. Vandemon will be offering a carbon tipped muffler option in addition to the full Ti.

Ignore anything you hear about pricing until I release the official info.

#21 ·
I'm going to try and work out a forum incentive. No promises though. As you can probably imagine, demand for this is high.

#24 ·
Awesome! Anyone you refer will be provided the same discount.

Thank everyone for their patience. Based on my H2 experience, Vandemon is TOP quality and will be worth the wait.

#23 ·
Update:

I expect for the muffler molds to be finalized next week.

I will be discounting these kits in the initial batch for forum members and referrals. VANDEMON will also be discounting the kits for international customers for the first wave.

I don't have official pricing however I expect for this kit's retail to be sub $2,000 USD..... ...an absolute bargain!

#26 ·
I expect for it to be very soon.

I have seen the complete system and it is gorgeous. It is currently undergoing vigorous heat testing to ensure that the H2 SX SE bodywork remains undamaged.

#28 ·
Thanks OTDR.

I love my H2 Vandemon. It fits the character of the bike perfectly.

I've am prohibited from leaking the image(s) of the H2 SX/SE full system until the heat testing has been finalized. All I can say is that it is gorgeous.

#29 ·
Make sure they heat test it for AZ. The rubber logos from my Sedicci riding boots had the glue melt last weekend and both fell off. It was a bit warm down there.

#30 ·
Get your cash ready!!!!

57x,

Get me a count of how many you have interested. You can PM me if you like. Details VERY soon. A matter of days.

#34 ·
Adjusting your own chain theoretically voids your warranty, as they say it is a dealer only service. Where you would get in possible trouble is if you flash the ECU. Some are ok with it, others will blame the tune if something happens to the engine.

I had a ticking noise on startup with my H2 SX. I contacted the service department at a local dealership. They called Kawasaki, and the Kawasaki rep was giving him grief that I did my own 600 mile service. They questioned everything from the brand of filter and brand of oil. I used a Kawasaki filter and Motul conventional oil. They were then questioning if Motul oil was good enough for them. I walked away quite pissed off, and went through the bike myself. It ended up being a loose header bolt from the factory creating an exhaust leak. You just don't know what you will get from the dealer and KHI.

#36 ·
#37 ·
It is gorgeous!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.