ZX Forums - View Single Post - The Official February ROTM Voting Thread!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Blue
Forum Leaders

I Ride: 2008 ZX-10R

The Official February ROTM Voting Thread!!!

This is the voting thread.

The winner of this poll will be placed into the Ride of The Year voting thread which will open December 1st of each year. The ROTY Champion will be awarded a zxforums.com ROTY Champion personalized t-shirt.

I will update the poll as entries are accepted in the entry thread.(click here for entry thread.)

Deadline for entries is 11:59pm (eastern time) on the 15th of the month.

After the deadline has passed, I will edit this thread so that the entries will be contained here in the voting thread to make voting quick and easy.

No entries will be accepted in this thread.

As always, if you have not won the ROTM contest during the current ROTY calender, you are eligible to enter.

Thank you and Good luck to the contestants!

Here they are:

Joy Coyote's ZX-7R:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Coyote View Post

No special parts, modifications, or customization. Just a stock L model (except for missing lower fairing graphics). I see all of these cool bikes on the forum and I’m amazed at the amount of work and talent that goes into them. Custom paint and bodywork, engine swaps, someone is even doing a fuel injection conversion? Holy crap! I was happy that I was able to figure out why my headlights weren’t working and not have to pay someone to fix it (admittedly with a little help from my forum friends). I learned a long time ago that for someone of my limited mechanical abilities I’m better off leaving my bikes stock. Unless you’re doing track days, stock ZX’s are basically unbreakable and require very little attention. Yet they go like stink, handle well (when the L model came out in ‘93, Scott Russell reportedly said it handled better than his Muzzy prepared ’92), have great suspension and brakes, and are as much fun to ride as any bike you can find. Which is why I think my stock L model deserves to be the ROTM: as a reminder to everyone just how awesome these bikes were right out of the box! That and because every time I step into the garage and see those dual headlights looking at me from beneath that stupid/crazy/in-your-face lime green livery, it brings me back to 1995 and makes me feel 20 years younger.

Woody's 1999 ZX-7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I bought my 99 zx-7r to replace my old
86 gpz600, what a world of difference.

Mods are:
Integrated tail light
K&N air filter
Dynojet jet kit
Float bowl mod
+4 els ignition advancer

Last edited by Blue; 02-04-2016 at 02:48 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome